Idles

fuzzy_logic

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Here's why

woa

It was alright. Can't think of many bands you could make a similar film about, given 99% are private-school-pipeline now.

Funny story about Bowen seemingly falling in love with DJs Dev and Joe and then engineering a plan to get noticed, 18 months after they initially met him and forgot who he was.

47 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Hope it's out on doovdé soon. I keep missing the screenings.

if any of you want to watch that IDLES film sign up for the link below, it'll be free next weekend 

https://www.houseofvanslondon.com/event/doc-nights-idles

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2021 at 11:52 AM, blutarsky said:

Registered, thanks! 

Did you manage to watch it? It's available until 7pm tonight. 

I rewatched it last night! Love the fact Glastonbury is ingrained in their story!

Edited by vintagelaureate

8 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Just make sure you register on the link before 7pm, otherwise you'll lose it - I know what it's like having young kids and trying to squeeze anything in! 😂

Managed to watch about 50 minutes of it while Baby-Blutarsky was napping this afternoon. Will I be able to watch the rest tomorrow or is it gone now?

• 2 weeks later...

Bristol-area based friends, due to work commitments I now have a spare ticket for tomorrow night's show at the 140 capacity Louisiana. 

The "ticket" is on an email to me from friendly Records, who are promoting the event. It does say you need accompanying ID but I'm also going tonight, so I'll check if this is being enforced. Happy to give it away to the first person who wants it for free.

These shows are going to be spectacular. Home town, miniscule venue, my first indoor gig for 536 days. Anyway, hit me up if you're interested in a free ticket...

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Bristol-area based friends, due to work commitments I now have a spare ticket for tomorrow night's show at the 140 capacity Louisiana. 

The "ticket" is on an email to me from friendly Records, who are promoting the event. It does say you need accompanying ID but I'm also going tonight, so I'll check if this is being enforced. Happy to give it away to the first person who wants it for free.

These shows are going to be spectacular. Home town, miniscule venue, my first indoor gig for 536 days. Anyway, hit me up if you're interested in a free ticket...

I would be v keen SC

got a downs ticket for upcoming gig but this would be magic in such a small venue 

will happily stick £20 in charity of your choice if you don’t want any cash yourself 

Edited by internetjef

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Ok, let me see if they check the email against ID and I'll come back to you asap

Nice one. I live about 10 mins walk from venue so would be a dream. Could prob even get the kids down for bed and still make it lol. 

I’m on here lurking every few hours so will keep an eye out for your message. Have a great time tonight.

13 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Nice one. I live about 10 mins walk from venue so would be a dream. Could prob even get the kids down for bed and still make it lol. 

I’m on here lurking every few hours so will keep an eye out for your message. Have a great time tonight.

Fingers crossed they're ok with no ID. I'll let you know, either later tonight or first thing tomorrow

• 2 weeks later...

They were triumphant at Eden Sessions, fantastic atmosphere. Can’t wait to see them again. Tracks off ultra mono were great live. So many tracks to choose from now that they’ve dropped bangers like I’m Scum and Well Done and the crowd were still singing along to everything they belted out. Ears are still ringing nearly 48 hours later 😃

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skelts said:

They were triumphant at Eden Sessions, fantastic atmosphere. Can’t wait to see them again. Tracks off ultra mono were great live. So many tracks to choose from now that they’ve dropped bangers like I’m Scum and Well Done and the crowd were still singing along to everything they belted out. Ears are still ringing nearly 48 hours later 😃

I was there too, absolutely brilliant night. They get better and better. I'm battered and bruised but in the best way, best night I've had in years! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

It was a top tier set list. They played heel/heal too which is very rare and one of their best tracks live. The crowd were really hyped and friendly, we met the drummers mum who was definitely brave to be near the mosh pit! Respect.received_3133373516884725.thumb.jpeg.b9551b6d4f43c6193a011691ba05e7d9.jpeg

Great picture. Mosh pit was great, I can’t be far out of that picture! Loved it. Agree, the crowd were really friendly