Idles

fuzzy_logic

I don’t see what is so bad in that interview that most of twitter decided to bash them heavily today. If anything, the first half of the interview seemed like the NME were purposely being twatish. It won’t make any difference in the long run. They’re still future headliners of massive festivals. 

They just come across as too sensitive and bothered about what people think about them with this whole ‘us against the world’ thing which is pretty boring to read from a fairly beloved and supposedly defiant band. Who wants to hear their fav punk band warning that another artist’s criticism of them is out-of-bounds for discussion?

And the thing about there being no female bands to have support them so they booked their mates instead was kind of shit too.

Edited by dentalplan

7 hours ago, priest17 said:

We'll all have forgotten about this when yer man from Fontaines spouts similar shite this time next year.

I saw someone on Twitter writing loads of abuse about this while - at the same time - writing praise and retweeting shame, Fontaines, Murder Capital etc, who I think have all been equally male-focused..?

2 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

I saw someone on Twitter writing loads of abuse about this while - at the same time - writing praise and retweeting shame, Fontaines, Murder Capital etc, who I think have all been equally male-focused..?

Wasn't really a dog at Fontaines or any of those bands really, more just joking about people saying they're a year behind IDLES in career trajectory.

I am kinda baffled by the sudden picking on IDLES, I love havin a pop at popular things but it was funner when it was just calgon comparing them to Sham 69. People laying into them for releasing multiple colours of vinyl is really weird to me.

35 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Wasn't really a dog at Fontaines or any of those bands really, more just joking about people saying they're a year behind IDLES in career trajectory.

I am kinda baffled by the sudden picking on IDLES, I love havin a pop at popular things but it was funner when it was just calgon comparing them to Sham 69. People laying into them for releasing multiple colours of vinyl is really weird to me.

Didn’t you say you were done with Idles a few pages back? Are you just trying to get ahead of every change in tide now?

If the new songs were of a higher standard then they’d probably be cut a bit more slack.

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Didn’t you say you were done with Idles a few pages back? Are you just trying to get ahead of every change in tide now?

If the new songs were of a higher standard then they’d probably be cut a bit more slack.

*Succeeding in getting ahead of every tide it would seem. (To be honest, I don't really expect anyone to remember anything I say on here ahah).

You're right though I was a big fan of them and now I'm definitely past that, that's on me though I don't think they've done that wrong yet. Besides some of those Abbey Road covers, they deserve stick for that.

On 9/18/2020 at 4:19 PM, FloorFiller said:

These guys need to lay off of the interview circuit - it’s doing nothing but harm to their image.

Did find this very funny though 

A2E4A1CE-77B4-4A40-8DDC-CF3D02FAB957.jpeg

I listened to the Distraction Pieces podcast with Joe Talbot and went from thinking “this is a guy with his finger on the pulse” to  thinking he was poorly informed and that his opinions were essentially generalisations. It’s a shame. 

14 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Bristol show on release day might be interesting. No idea how they would social distance in the Louisiana though.

Not sure I have the money and I am caring for parents in their 90's, may have to leave this to others, shame

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there's only one punter ticket...? :P 

On the Louisiana website it states "***Please note this date is TBC based on government guidelines regarding safely putting on shows." so it'll be changed if it can't happen in April. 

6 minutes ago, priest17 said:

20200922_121704.thumb.jpg.3906b26c91c93b820c52aff42bef5eed.jpg

Some great support acts there, not a bad night across the board. Massive show for a couple of them as well (that'll be their frugal budgeting)

Any idea who’s at where? Can’t seem to get anywhere with working it out. Edit - Absolutely get it now. 

Edited by HeyPorter
Being a moron.