Idles

fuzzy_logic

9 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

There is a Saturday date in Manchester now.

Thanks for the heads up but not sure i could take 3 nights on the bounce in that hell hole.

My abiding memories of the warehouse are chasing away fans around that part of town and massive tear up's with other men who should have known better in the late 1980's.  Which was a long long time ago in a Galaxy far far away.

Going there to watch gigs is just weird.

7 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Thanks for the heads up but not sure i could take 3 nights on the bounce in that hell hole.

My abiding memories of the warehouse are chasing away fans around that part of town and massive tear up's with other men who should have known better in the late 1980's.  Which was a long long time ago in a Galaxy far far away.

Going there to watch gigs is just weird.

I'm doing the Thursday and the Saturday, with the Friday off now. 😂

7 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Works out around 10k people they're playing to in Manchester now, might as well have just played the arena

A fair few will be duplicates I imagine though, I'd have taken the arena over the warehouse though. 

8 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Works out around 10k people they're playing to in Manchester now, might as well have just played the arena

A fair few will be duplicates I imagine though, I'd have taken the arena over the warehouse though. 

27 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

If you sent the same duplicate reply twice on purpose that's some top level posting. I'd have actually got an arena ticket I think out of curiousity but I doubt they wanna make that step. Or are really big enough obviously.

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

If you sent the same duplicate reply twice on purpose that's some top level posting. I'd have actually got an arena ticket I think out of curiousity but I doubt they wanna make that step. Or are really big enough obviously.

ha, no it was unintentional sadly! 😂

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I reckon that would be there to give them the opportunity to go, whether or not they're playing.

But as it will have been 2 years and they're a hot band at the mo, I guess there's a strong chance they'll be booked.

I think right now they fall into the “I’d be surprised if they weren’t there” category.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think right now they fall into the “I’d be surprised if they weren’t there” category.

yeah, probably - but i reckon no space in their dates for Glasto, playing or not, would be an even greater surprise.

So on that basis I'#m being cautious about reading anything into that gap with their tourdates, especially as the gap is much bigger than's needed for Glasto.

No one does a pompous put down review quite as well as The Quietus, they should be saved at all costs.

"Idles' hearts are in the right place but so was Tony Benn's and his last album was shit."

still looking forward to the album but enjoyed this read: https://thequietus.com/articles/28899-idles-ultra-mono-review?fbclid=IwAR2AMm2F8-FKSebZE0Ynl4UPfDVan3csuWDO2YbvsMKes9FbWzwwcgPhLL8

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

No one does a pompous put down review quite as well as The Quietus, they should be saved at all costs.

"Idles' hearts are in the right place but so was Tony Benn's and his last album was shit."

still looking forward to the album but enjoyed this read: https://thequietus.com/articles/28899-idles-ultra-mono-review?fbclid=IwAR2AMm2F8-FKSebZE0Ynl4UPfDVan3csuWDO2YbvsMKes9FbWzwwcgPhLL8

Was just coming here to post this. I was ready to lift that exact quote from the review as well. So funny haha.