Idles

fuzzy_logic

41 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Bought for Thursday in Manchester and the then saw the extra date email..

Kkhhaaaannnn !!!!

Calmed down and ended up buying 2 for Friday as well. Agree with all comments about Viccy Warehouse. It's not great.

Anyway. Will go with the wife Thurs and mate on Friday and sofa surf for the night as getting back to the Wirral on public transport is a complete ball ache.

That was my issue - it's a difficult venue too. I'm getting a taxi home on the Thursday as the trains there are a nightmare, if it helps you out there is three of us going as far as Wavertree. 

Friday I really want in, but haven't convinced anyone else yet. 😂

Edited by vintagelaureate

1 hour ago, HeyPorter said:

Never been to the Vic Warehouse, never hear any good things about it on here. Looks a touch out the way but what are the main issues with it? 

Soulless and not great acoustically. Was really badly organised but I think they have stepped up a bit on that aspect.

Warehouses are for raves. Off your head etc.

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

That was my issue - it's a difficult venue too. I'm getting a taxi home on the Thursday as the trains there are a nightmare, if it helps you out there is three of us going as far as Wavertree. 

Friday I really want in, but haven't convinced anyone else yet. 😂

Thanks for the offer. I will probably drive on the Thursday and then have a giddy night on the Friday and behave like I'm half the age I am (•‿•)

1 hour ago, Jay Pee said:

Thanks for the offer. I will probably drive on the Thursday and then have a giddy night on the Friday and behave like I'm half the age I am (•‿•)

No worries, if I go the Friday I'll drop you a message. 👍 

2 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

Never been to the Vic Warehouse, never hear any good things about it on here. Looks a touch out the way but what are the main issues with it? 

On top of @Jay Pee's comments, there isn't much else about there either. Although I haven't been for a while, so things may have changed.

Sorry I didn’t realise there was an idles thread.

they liked my tweet about playing glasto so where do you think they’d play now? Other sub or other third down?

Ive got it in mind they’d be a good person to replace a missing other sub. If... for example... Robyn is gone ...or something like that.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

they liked my tweet about playing glasto so where do you think they’d play now? Other sub or other third down?

Ive got it in mind they’d be a good person to replace a missing other sub. If... for example... Robyn is gone ...or something like that.

DAFUQ?

Anyone?

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

John Peel headliner is the obvious dream, but sub/third down Other is equally as likely what with the lineup dropouts/switch around we’ll no doubt have. Hell, I’d even like to see them midway down the Pyramid, although others weren’t so keen on that idea the last time I brought it up.

Edited by FloorFiller

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

John Peel headliner is the obvious dream, but sub/third down Other is equally as likely what with the lineup dropouts/switch around we’ll no doubt have. Hell, I’d even like to see them midway down the Pyramid, although others weren’t so keen on that idea the last time I brought it up.

I’d rather they weren’t on the pyramid tbh 

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

John Peel headliner is the one I'd really want, that would be fantastic. It'll be interesting to see how Ultra Mono goes down, I think that will influence their placement.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I’d rather they weren’t on the pyramid tbh 

I can see the reasoning for that, but I’m always up for something a little heavier on the Pyramid to shake shit up a notch. Don’t think it’ll happen though - Other Stage must be the most likely assuming this years JP headliners are still in tact.

4 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

Soulless and not great acoustically. Was really badly organised but I think they have stepped up a bit on that aspect.

Warehouses are for raves. Off your head etc.

3 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

On top of @Jay Pee's comments, there isn't much else about there either. Although I haven't been for a while, so things may have changed.

Yeah that’s what I’ve heard. Been to and enjoy most venues in Manchester, Albert Hall is easily my favourite. Travelling from Chester and can be awkward on weeknights so Friday suits us much better. 

1 minute ago, HeyPorter said:

Yeah that’s what I’ve heard. Been to and enjoy most venues in Manchester, Albert Hall is easily my favourite. Travelling from Chester and can be awkward on weeknights so Friday suits us much better. 

it's a great venue - the Albert Hall - I saw IDLES in there two tours ago. To be fair I like most venues I've been to in Manchester.

The closest station to the warehouse is the one by Old Trafford but coming from Liverpool there aren't many trains that stop there regularly. I got Thursday tickets so (as I mentioned) it would either be having a designated driver or a taxi home. Between the three of us it's usually only £35-40 so it isn't too bad. If I decide to go on the Friday too, it'll be a stay over and out in Manchester affair. Although I may do Brixton instead. 

8 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

I had a hypothetical switch for Robyn rumbling around too, though I didn't want to speak her absence into being (!)

JP would be a great gig for Idles, but subbing Other could very well be one of those capital M Moments. They would absolutely demolish the opportunity and deserve it. Fingers crossed.

Neither do I but it’s something I can envisage

After missing out on Sheffield tickets in the pre-sale (I don't even think they even went on sale, I was on at 10am Wed, sold out), got tickets today. That was like Glastonbury ticket day with the refresh button :) 

Have I underestimated their popularity or is it just people willing to get to gigs now? 

3 hours ago, JBarbour said:

After missing out on Sheffield tickets in the pre-sale (I don't even think they even went on sale, I was on at 10am Wed, sold out), got tickets today. That was like Glastonbury ticket day with the refresh button :) 

Have I underestimated their popularity or is it just people willing to get to gigs now? 

Bit of both. They’re on their way up in a big way, especially with the big lack of many real rock acts making waves these days, but the want to get back to gigs must’ve certainly helped them a fair bit. I was unsure on them selling out some of those venues but they’ve done so and then some what with the additional dates.

They’re playing Primavera and most likely Glastonbury which I’m going to but I’m glad I got tickets for this for the certainty of being able to see them. Should be good!