Idles

fuzzy_logic

17 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Sorry if this has been answered by people in the know elsewhere, but I wonder if they'll still have the exclusivity for R+L 2021? Felt weird they signed up for that this summer and then were only sub-headlining the NME tent.

This time round they can surely bargain up. And if they're contractually free to fill Glasto slots...I'd love to see them unleashed on the Other, subbing ideally. A teardown at sundown.

That “exclusivity” for R/L was strange considering they had such an awful slot - subbing the second stage just as people would be getting ready for Rage...

Probably the worst possible slot of the whole weekend.

Edited by Hugh Jass

7 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Sorry if this has been answered by people in the know elsewhere, but I wonder if they'll still have the exclusivity for R+L 2021? Felt weird they signed up for that this summer and then were only sub-headlining the NME tent.

This time round they can surely bargain up. And if they're contractually free to fill Glasto slots...I'd love to see them unleashed on the Other, subbing ideally. A teardown at sundown.

I figure that they would have been able to play main if they wanted but perhaps preferred the opportunity to play the tent. You'd think Reading would have probably preferred them on the main with the flavour of acts on main that day.

17 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

They played every other festival in the country the year before. I'm not sure the exclusivity would have been hard to bargain.

Trying for the pre-sale (obviously). Feels weird not knowing if it will go ahead....but if it goes ahead then presumably Glasto will too 🙂

EDIT: Aaaaand purchased. Hooray! How many times can I see IDLES before it starts getting weird?

Edited by Sasperella

11 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Trying for the pre-sale (obviously). Feels weird not knowing if it will go ahead....but if it goes ahead then presumably Glasto will too 🙂

EDIT: Aaaaand purchased. Hooray! How many times can I see IDLES before it starts getting weird?

:lol:

27 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

When you know the answer let me know...

Straight forward pre sale that one - Manchester secured, debating Brixton.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Extra dates being added purely from pre-sale tickets is a bit mad isn't it? Kick in the teeth adding a Friday Manchester date when a midweek Viccywarehouse gig is a ball-ache for some. Very odd.

Yeah, I'm gutted I would much rather have had the Friday date. 

14 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Thanks a lot mate. Tickets for Friday Brixton in the bag.

No worries, I bought 4 x Glasgow cos it looked like Brum had sold out, then tried to get a single Brum ticket and it went through. So looks like I'm going on a bit of an IDLES tour...

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 4:37 PM, Ddiamondd said:

Were they defo down as a festival exclusive? I havent seen that anywhere else?

Bought for Thursday in Manchester and the then saw the extra date email..

Kkhhaaaannnn !!!!

Calmed down and ended up buying 2 for Friday as well. Agree with all comments about Viccy Warehouse. It's not great.

Anyway. Will go with the wife Thurs and mate on Friday and sofa surf for the night as getting back to the Wirral on public transport is a complete ball ache.