Idles

fuzzy_logic

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not ‘in the city’ but probably Warehouse. 💩

I've never been there, is that the one that is mainly used for DJs? The Victoria Warehouse is a similar size to the Apollo isn't it? I don't think I've ever been to either. 

Edited by vintagelaureate

10 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I've never been there, is that the one that is mainly used for DJs? The Victoria Warehouse is a similar size to the Apollo isn't it? I don't think I've ever been to either. 

It was briefly. Just has Academy type acts there now mostly since Live Nation got a hold of it.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Castlefield Bowl?

Possibly. Not as part of a normal tour I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

You were done with Idles before Well Done?

Yeah the EPs didn't grab me then Well Done showed we were in business. Bought a Night and Day ticket after the first chorus. To be fair the earlier stuff I wrote off sounded well better live.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Although I’ll undoubtedly fold come the time, I’m gonna try and sit this one out until the album release. Hate that it’s become customary to have so many pre-release songs these days.

U will never resist. This new single is apparently an absolute belter. Roll on Tuesday! 👌

30 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Although I’ll undoubtedly fold come the time, I’m gonna try and sit this one out until the album release. Hate that it’s become customary to have so many pre-release songs these days.

There is at least one more to come after this to in early September.

Screenshot_20200807-212943.png

Edited by vintagelaureate

On 8/7/2020 at 8:58 PM, FloorFiller said:

I never listen to singles before release anymore, unless they come on the radio. I like to take the whole album first time.

Not listened to any of the new IDLES tracks yet.

Saw this on Reddit. Is it new? Q magazine review (4/5 naturally)

8mnqlxn01vf51.png

Says that the new song is a 'condescending Brexitland caricature' 😒 but Mr. Motivator potentially being a Fat Whites / Sleaford Mods clapback adds new levels (or a level, singular) to that song.. Didn't know about the Jamie Cullum feature until now.