Idles

fuzzy_logic

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

My ideal scenario is a Kendrick - Macca - Idles trio.

I need tickets first but that would be my headliners.

Friends are huge fans of Kendrick, I've only ever really listened to Damn, McCartney as not many more opportunities to see him and Idles would be my ideal one.

3 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

I think idles will need more space than JP tent. The streets last year was so crammed, if that turned into a mosh pit it could get scary! I would much prefer them on the other stage or even in the park again as that was perfect last time.

JP’s bigger than the Park surely?

8 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Is it? Maybe JP just feels smaller to me as in a tent. Nearly melting whilst watching Gerry Cinnamon last year has probably had an effect on me too.

Definitely say the Park is smaller. Not helped by being closed off down one side of the stage and along the back so there’s only one way in or out of the crowd.

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

It's a slow one supposedly.

That's cool. The slow ones are always solid.

6 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

I think idles will need more space than JP tent. The streets last year was so crammed, if that turned into a mosh pit it could get scary! I would much prefer them on the other stage or even in the park again as that was perfect last time.

Against a headliner it would be fine. The Streets weren't really up against a roundly popular headliner and also so many people saw Idles at the last festival hen the hype was probably bigger that it's likely made seeing them next time out less vital.

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I like it but was it expecting a big explosion at the end which never came, but what it being the second to last track on the album I’m guessing this one is the calm before the storm.

Honestly if there was a massive moment at the end where all the instruments went for it and Joe gave it all then it would have blown me away.

It’s good but man does it feel like a missed opportunity. I hope you’re right that it wont matter in context.