Idles

fuzzy_logic

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Definitely! I'm in town for both dates.

If I'm unsuccessful, Amyl and the Sniffers are playing at the Garage so I'll get my kicks over there instead. 

9 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Cool! If I somehow end up with an extra ticket it has your name on it ?

Will check out Amyl and the Sniffers too as I've not actually heard if them before

Random checks appear to be your friend.  I just went to Twickets now to see if anything was available and one popped up for Barrowlands.  By the time I'd faffed between coming on here to let you guys know it was there or just buying it myself and sorting someone out it had gone!

But they are popping up :)

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Random checks appear to be your friend.  I just went to Twickets now to see if anything was available and one popped up for Barrowlands.  By the time I'd faffed between coming on here to let you guys know it was there or just buying it myself and sorting someone out it had gone!

But they are popping up :)

Aaaargh, I know.. I can't believe I was faffing about looking to try and get lucky elsewhere when it was posted!

Bang goes my productivity (and social life) for the next three weeks!

2 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Gutted I missed the seetickets alert this morning, they are snapped up unbelievably quickly on twickets! I'm only looking for 1 at alley palley

handy tip is to keep refreshing the website rather than rely on the mobile alerts as there is about a 1 minute delay (of course that means you have to sit there looking at a computer screen for a while but if you are really desperate!)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I was at Arcadia all night on the Friday. I did hear they smashed it though!

Aye it was incredible. Swaggered onto the stage like they’d just headlined Pyramid. You could tell how much the Park set had meant to them. 

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

Truth stage was even better tbf ? 

(source: me, I was working during the Park set and couldn’t see it but I finished in tune for a Gojira and IDLES and that was the best back-to-back over the whole weekend ??

We ended up seeing Gojira too. Got in SEC early to make sure we beat the spot headliner rush, but got in way too early. They nearly ended my other half. I have to admit, it was a bit much for me too. Couple of tracks was fine, but they all just merge into one after that. 

Edited by Rubber Soldier

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Do we think they'll be back this year?  They seem like they might be on the kind of upward trajectory to just come straight back, even without another album - headline JPT maybe?

Don't know. They're massively in demand and still touring Joy... so it wouldn't be a stretch to see them going again.  They've definitely got the appeal at the moment to do it again.  But I don't know whether they're the kind of band to keep doing live shows without new material?

50/50 for me.

On 11/24/2019 at 2:58 PM, Sasperella said:

Has anyone got lucky with Twickets tickets then?

Managed to get Frank Carter a couple of years ago. Not a sniff with Lizzo the other week. Plenty of alerts but never quick enough. Interesting to hear that the alerts are slightly delayed to the main website. Whilst I'm here, looking for one for the Academy next week for Idles.

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Do we think they'll be back this year?  They seem like they might be on the kind of upward trajectory to just come straight back, even without another album - headline JPT maybe?

Don't know how much credence this has but on the Bearded Theory forum last month when Idles was mentioned as a possible the festival admin posted this response.

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2019, 01:47:09 PM »

Made up with the Flaming Lips, great booking! (but then I also love Marmite...). Not that fussed about missing the Specials. Would have been nice, but then again these days there's only three of the originals left. I was lucky enough to see them when they first reformed, when it was the whole lot (minus Jerry Dammers) and it was great, but I don't know if it'd feel the same with half the band gone.

Underworld would be a brilliant headliner if they were available. Pixies as well. Idles must also be at headline status by now, I reckon.

pixies not about and idles on an exclusive elsewhere at a major festy. Prob reading and leeds

ip.gif Logged

Edited by tjamest

1 hour ago, tjamest said:

Don't know how much credence this has but on the Bearded Theory forum last month when Idles was mentioned as a possible the festival admin posted this response.

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2019, 01:47:09 PM »

Made up with the Flaming Lips, great booking! (but then I also love Marmite...). Not that fussed about missing the Specials. Would have been nice, but then again these days there's only three of the originals left. I was lucky enough to see them when they first reformed, when it was the whole lot (minus Jerry Dammers) and it was great, but I don't know if it'd feel the same with half the band gone.

Underworld would be a brilliant headliner if they were available. Pixies as well. Idles must also be at headline status by now, I reckon.

pixies not about and idles on an exclusive elsewhere at a major festy. Prob reading and leeds

ip.gif Logged

Idles headlining the JP!!!! 

Exclusive sounds weird though? Going from basically being at every festival this year to none next?? That sounds weird to me....unless it's BIG

Edited by Sasperella

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Don't know. They're massively in demand and still touring Joy... so it wouldn't be a stretch to see them going again.  They've definitely got the appeal at the moment to do it again.  But I don't know whether they're the kind of band to keep doing live shows without new material?

50/50 for me.

Think they have been recording a new album so it might be out by June. They're in South America in March too.