Idles

fuzzy_logic

4 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Same. I've been desperately trying to get tickets for Barrowlands. I've got twickets alerts on my phone and email. A few are coming through but even on the two occassions I've pressed buy the instant the message alert came through they were already "being bought my another buyer". So frustrating! 

Anyone have any more luck with the alerts on twickets?

Phone and email alerts come through a bit slowly. Monitor the Twickets account(s) on twitter, they come through instantly. Often about ten minutes between the two. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

Phone and email alerts come through a bit slowly. Monitor the Twickets account(s) on twitter, they come through instantly. Often about ten minutes between the two. 

Do you know if there's a way to set up notifications from the Twickets Twitter account for only tweets that mention Idles? I've been trying to get Ally Pally tickets but missed out on the 3 or 4 that have gone up so far. 

20 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Same. I've been desperately trying to get tickets for Barrowlands. I've got twickets alerts on my phone and email. A few are coming through but even on the two occassions I've pressed buy the instant the message alert came through they were already "being bought my another buyer". So frustrating! 

Anyone have any more luck with the alerts on twickets?

If it's any consolation I'm also having absolutely no joy from Twickets for the Alexandra Palace gig. Clicked on the twitter notifications within seconds and they're already gone! Hope they're not going to bots/touts!

14 minutes ago, Sundance said:

If it's any consolation I'm also having absolutely no joy from Twickets for the Alexandra Palace gig. Clicked on the twitter notifications within seconds and they're already gone! Hope they're not going to bots/touts!

Some just went on and they were gone, noticed the same thing happened to a Lizzo ticket. 

site looks like it ripe to have a bot running to take the tickets 

As someone who has been successful at purchasing two Idles tickets on Twickets (in two separate transactions), my number one tip is not to rely on any form of notification. I recommend regularly loading the Ally Pally ticket page on Twickets and hoping that you time it that someone lists them at the same time. The notifications are too delayed and someone always snaps them up within 30 seconds of listing. Both times I had completed payment and contacted the seller before the notification even came through (and I am fairly certain I am not a bot). 

Good luck to all and fingers crossed they return to the Farm next year. 

Edited by 2020 Vision
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, 2020 Vision said:

As someone who has been successful at purchasing two Idles tickets on Twickets (in two separate transactions), my number one tip is not to rely on any form of notification. I recommend regularly loading the Ally Pally ticket page on Twickets and hoping that you time it that someone lists them at the same time. The notifications are too delayed and someone always snaps them up within 30 seconds of listing. Both times I had completed payment and contacted the seller before the notification even came through (and I am fairly certain I am not a bot). 

Good luck to all and fingers crossed they return to the Farm next year. 

Interesting - thank you for the tip! If you don't mind me asking, how long were you sat refreshing the page? Or did you just happen to get lucky and check at a time when tickets happened to have been uploaded?

5 minutes ago, Sundance said:

Interesting - thank you for the tip! If you don't mind me asking, how long were you sat refreshing the page? Or did you just happen to get lucky and check at a time when tickets happened to have been uploaded?

Both times I got through I just randomly decided to load the page and got lucky. But in saying that, the two days leading up to it I was sat at my desk reloading on my phone every 5 minutes while "working". 

Tickets only got sent out last week so there will be a lot more listings over the next couple of weeks and the week before the gig. I remember last year I was successful with this strategy to get O2 Arctic Monkeys tickets a week before the gig, and there was a new listing every 10 minutes it felt like. 

2 hours ago, Sundance said:

I had this exact thoughts about touts/bots. But then given the going price on StubHub it would still be totally worth a tout refreshing every five mins to get them...

I'm not sure if I can get away with that without being fired. A cheeky autofresh in the corner of my screen...?

On 11/3/2019 at 10:47 PM, Diamond24 said:

Do you know if there's a way to set up notifications from the Twickets Twitter account for only tweets that mention Idles? I've been trying to get Ally Pally tickets but missed out on the 3 or 4 that have gone up so far. 

I'd try something third party like https://ifttt.com/applets/76873p-twitter-keyword-mentions-to-email-alerts

you can configure them to give you texts and all sorts. More tips on the first couple pages of this thread 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2019 at 7:40 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm on the look out for a ticket for the Barrowlands show. Either night. Face value plus a few beers will be the reward. 

Don't steal the spare Barrowlands ticket from me ?

if we both end up getting one though, let's go for a pint! I've been checking it whenever I can like @2020 Vision suggested. At one point yesterday an Ally Pally came up before I'd received text alerts for it, so in theory it could work. Seems to be a shit load of those coming up in general, but haven't had any barrowlands notifications for a while

• Upvote 1

On 11/3/2019 at 10:47 PM, Diamond24 said:

I got Twitter in my phone due to the suggestion in this thread but I haven't seen any notifications of idles tickets going on there.....am I missing something? Is it not on the main page?

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I got Twitter in my phone due to the suggestion in this thread but I haven't seen any notifications of idles tickets going on there.....am I missing something? Is it not on the main page?

I think @TwicketsMusic is the account they use for the alerts. I’d recommend using something IFTTT like Tuna mentioned above, I’ve done that before where it sent me a message every time that twitter account tweeted a key phrase, so for this it could be “IDLES at Barrowland”. It worked pretty well and was noticeably quicker than notifications from the Twickets app.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

I think @TwicketsMusic is the account they use for the alerts. I’d recommend using something IFTTT like Tuna mentioned above, I’ve done that before where it sent me a message every time that twitter account tweeted a key phrase, so for this it could be “IDLES at Barrowland”. It worked pretty well and was noticeably quicker than notifications from the Twickets app.

Cool thanks! Gonna give this a go today.... I'm getting desperate!

4 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Don't steal the spare Barrowlands ticket from me ?

if we both end up getting one though, let's go for a pint! I've been checking it whenever I can like @2020 Vision suggested. At one point yesterday an Ally Pally came up before I'd received text alerts for it, so in theory it could work. Seems to be a shit load of those coming up in general, but haven't had any barrowlands notifications for a while

Definitely! I'm in town for both dates.

If I'm unsuccessful, Amyl and the Sniffers are playing at the Garage so I'll get my kicks over there instead. 

1 hour ago, Diamond24 said:

I got really lucky and searched "Idles ally pally" on Twitter and someone had posted that they were selling their ticket 15 minutes prior, which I've now bought :)Had no luck with twickets at all, best of luck to you guys though!

Whhhaaaaat! Oh man, I need to start thinking outside the box 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Definitely! I'm in town for both dates.

If I'm unsuccessful, Amyl and the Sniffers are playing at the Garage so I'll get my kicks over there instead. 

Cool! If I somehow end up with an extra ticket it has your name on it ?

Will check out Amyl and the Sniffers too as I've not actually heard if them before