Idles

fuzzy_logic

Got a bit of a dilemma - I'm going to be watching George Ezra (don't judge I actually really like his happy catchy tunes and I've never seen him before) but want to make my way over to Idles in the SEC after, will I be able to make it in time or will it be really busy/take too long to get over there from the pyramid therefore missing out on any headliner at all? Because my no.1 headliner choice is Idles but I'd rather watch Interpol than go all the way down to SEC to not get a spot for the Idles set. 

33 minutes ago, foolee said:

Got a bit of a dilemma - I'm going to be watching George Ezra (don't judge I actually really like his happy catchy tunes and I've never seen him before) but want to make my way over to Idles in the SEC after, will I be able to make it in time or will it be really busy/take too long to get over there from the pyramid therefore missing out on any headliner at all? Because my no.1 headliner choice is Idles but I'd rather watch Interpol than go all the way down to SEC to not get a spot for the Idles set. 

I'm confused. Idles are on at 23:40. That's almost 2.5 hours after George Ezra finishes. That's so much time that I think I'm not reading this right.

46 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I'm confused. Idles are on at 23:40. That's almost 2.5 hours after George Ezra finishes. That's so much time that I think I'm not reading this right.

I should probably explain more. I've heard it gets particularly busy in SEC from 10pm onwards so I assumed I would need to get there extra early to make sure I get in/can see the stage rather than it being too busy to get in as I hear its a 1 way system and Gojira are on at 10pm so will probably be pretty busy already. 

1 minute ago, foolee said:

I should probably explain more. I've heard it gets particularly busy in SEC from 10pm onwards so I assumed I would need to get there extra early to make sure I get in/can see the stage rather than it being too busy to get in as I hear its a 1 way system and Gojira are on at 10pm so will probably be pretty busy already. 

You will be absolutely fine if you leave after George Ezra. The SEC does get busier from 10pm but the main surge is when the main stage headliners finish!

7 minutes ago, foolee said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people were going to hang around after Gojira for Idles. I was toying with the idea of legging it to Avalon for Frank Turner after Gojira but fear that would be an exercise in futility, so waiting for Idles would seem a decent option. it's a cracking night on the Truth Stage I'd get there early and then you are well placed for the late night fun!

2 hours ago, foolee said:

You’ll be fine if you’re planning on heading over after Ezra. The problems/crowds occur trying to get there after the headliners. You’ll be able to slip right in during/after Gojira I imagine.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

You’ll be fine if you’re planning on heading over after Ezra. The problems/crowds occur trying to get there after the headliners. You’ll be able to slip right in during/after Gojira I imagine.

I'd assume that it'll be busy during Gojira too, and that it won't really quiet down.  Reckon it's plenty of time too though.  I'm trying to get up to Park after Snow Patrol (again, don't judge) I think - I might have to go the long way round to try to drop in from the back of the field, going to be tricky.

1 hour ago, richy24 said:

You will be absolutely fine if you leave after George Ezra. The SEC does get busier from 10pm but the main surge is when the main stage headliners finish! 

1 hour ago, Hotchilidog said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people were going to hang around after Gojira for Idles. I was toying with the idea of legging it to Avalon for Frank Turner after Gojira but fear that would be an exercise in futility, so waiting for Idles would seem a decent option. it's a cracking night on the Truth Stage I'd get there early and then you are well placed for the late night fun! 

1 hour ago, Hotchilidog said:

Thank you all for your help, that's great. Just didn't want to end up skipping either Interpol or Tame Impala with no guarantee of seeing any of Idles. Might see if I can catch half of one of Interpol/Tame Impala and head over if possible or just go over straight from George Ezra and catch Gojira then Idles and Heavy Lungs. 

On 6/10/2019 at 1:39 PM, FloorFiller said:

Thought i had somebody lined up after Idles on the Park but looks like I was wrong so I’ll probably do this too crowds depending. 

The sacrificing of a Pyramid metal slot this year seems to have worked in my favour as Idles - Venom Prison - Gojira - Idles better than anything they could’ve realistically delivered.

I'm pretty much doing this but no one in my group are really into IDLES.

One mate will come with me, but is drastically underestimating the time it'll take to get in and the crowd as he is insistent on seeing the start of Stormzy - so I guess I'll do this alone and catch Gojira.

On 6/14/2019 at 3:44 PM, p.pete said:

I'd assume that it'll be busy during Gojira too, and that it won't really quiet down.  Reckon it's plenty of time too though.  I'm trying to get up to Park after Snow Patrol (again, don't judge) I think - I might have to go the long way round to try to drop in from the back of the field, going to be tricky.

That was my plan. Past the Tipi Field and also where the new pier will be.

3 minutes ago, EZYSEY said:

That was my plan. Past the Tipi Field and also where the new pier will be.

I think there's a route further up the hill above the new pier - will have to wait and see whether it causes extra bottlenecks - if the weather's OK I'd rather walk an extra couple of hundred yards :)

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

they're making it sound like the Ally Pally show is an extra special one...

Well they would wouldn't they, they're not just gonna write 'see us again'. I assume they're gonna get off for a bit and sort out the next album, and it is a massive show for them so it probably will feel pretty special. 

Curious where they go from here, they've got an insanely loyal core fanbase and have attracted a lot of positive attention with the last album, wonder if they can pull it out of the bag again. Still can't believe they've got a big as they have. Gonna wow some more people next weekend I'm sure.

17 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Curious where they go from here, they've got an insanely loyal core fanbase and have attracted a lot of positive attention with the last album, wonder if they can pull it out of the bag again. Still can't believe they've got a big as they have. Gonna wow some more people next weekend I'm sure.

Yeah I wonder what's next for them. If their next album is a success, think we'll be looking at them as potential Other headliners?

Having read the NME article it would seem album three is coming sooner rather than later. But I might be reading into it a bit. Hopefully they take their time with it and make it on par or better than Joy. Nevertheless I'd like a single before the ally pally show. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

And Venom Prison earlier on. And more acts across the app i’m sure. Must be a fuck up rather than them having pulled their second set.

Both still on official site - assume it'd be easy and relevant for them to change it there if there was an actual change 

6 minutes ago, foolee said:

This has me slightly worried as I was planning on going to SEC mostly for Idles and missing Interpol/Tame Impala however if Idles have pulled this set I don't want to end up missing a headliner to see Idles and get nothing...

Worthy fm played them 20 minutes ago, saying they have 2 friday sets, think they said the stage names too and it was all good. 

• Upvote 1