Idles

fuzzy_logic

Lineup times have worked out pretty well for me in that I’m currently looking at seeing both Idles sets. Gonna be there for Gojira later on so should be fine getting a decent space, but do we think the Park set is gonna be particularly busy? Gonna be heading there with half an hour to spare after Lauryn Hill hopefully finishes on time at the Pyramid, but I’m guessing this is gonna be a pretty popular set.

1 minute ago, Airlie said:

it will be absolutely rammed for them at the park!

Yeah, thought so. Look like it’s gonna be a move to the back of the Pyramid field and then sprint and hope for the best kind of deal then. Or if Lauryn Hill decides to have one of her famed off days then that might make it a bit easier.

Gonna be alone for the late night one from the looks of it so would like a bit of a shitfaced mosh with my mates at the Park set.

1 hour ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

Yep, considering what they are up against (if you're an Idles type of music fan) then it's going to be jammed.

I'm heading that way straight from Pond I think.

IDLES will be rammed at the park but there is likely to be some moshing so if you want a good spot sure it is not that hard to mosh through?

8 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah, thought so. Look like it’s gonna be a move to the back of the Pyramid field and then sprint and hope for the best kind of deal then. Or if Lauryn Hill decides to have one of her famed off days then that might make it a bit easier.

Gonna be alone for the late night one from the looks of it so would like a bit of a shitfaced mosh with my mates at the Park set.

I'm going on my own to the late night one too, my mates don't really get IDLES - I'm working on them for it though!

9 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

Considering rocking up to IDLES 10 mins before they start (Park set). Is this not leaving enough time, or will the crowd be bouncy enough not to be too concerned about being close to front?

I think it will be pretty packed out, so it just depends where you want to be - I don't think it'll be close off the field full but I think it'll be a squeeze.

Edited by vintagelaureate
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

Considering rocking up to IDLES 10 mins before they start (Park set). Is this not leaving enough time, or will the crowd be bouncy enough not to be too concerned about being close to front?

Think a few on here are planning to do similar with a trip from the Pyramid field post-Lauryn Hill. Probably gonna struggle to get s particularly great spot but nothing that a littlest squeeze through the crowd won’t fix.

• Upvote 1

They will be ace. I am thinking of not seeing then at Glasto, it's going to be rammed wherever they play, I reckon it will be another band where they have to shut the entrance to the park or wherever due to overcrowding issues. So you will have to get there early to catch them. Lucky enough to have seen them in Norwich so might give them a miss at Glasto. Dont want to have to get there an hour before they come on when theres so much other stuff going on elsewhere. Saying that I will be wasted by then, and fancy a bit of carnage so will probably give it a go.

...Might  actually sit in the field above the park to catch them, who knows....

I think it will be absolutely rammed. I appreciate that these boards we are not indicative of popularity everywhere, but I think we are are fairly representative of what's popular these days. The Idles gig in Norwich sold out within an hour of going on sale last year and that just doesn't happen in Norwich!

..apart from Kaiser Chiefs !!!!!

So what's the latest people are thinking of leaving it for getting a decent spot at their Truth set? The fact that Stormzy hasn't got anything new out and it's currently looking like it'll be a repeat of '17, plus being able to see Aurora who clashes with them on the Park is leaning me towards this, but not sure how early to head in.

50 minutes ago, Crossfit Jesus said:

So what's the latest people are thinking of leaving it for getting a decent spot at their Truth set? The fact that Stormzy hasn't got anything new out and it's currently looking like it'll be a repeat of '17, plus being able to see Aurora who clashes with them on the Park is leaning me towards this, but not sure how early to head in.

going to do the same but from Jon Hopkins so closer. Not much help on timings. SE corner will be rammed part what through their set I guess. Depends how close you want to get. I need to get out after them to the park which is not going to be fun

55 minutes ago, Crossfit Jesus said:

I’ve decided to swerve Tame Impala as my headliner and go for Gojira instead to guarantee a spot for their late set. I imagine it’s gonna be pretty tough to get near if you wait until after headliners have finished due to half of the festival heading that way as well, so might be worth cutting your headliner short if you want a guaranteed place in the crowd. 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’ve decided to swerve Tame Impala as my headliner and go for Gojira instead to guarantee a spot for their late set. I imagine it’s gonna be pretty tough to get near if you wait until after headliners have finished due to half of the festival heading that way as well, so might be worth cutting your headliner short if you want a guaranteed place in the crowd. 

Yeah that's what I was saying is that I'm most likely going to go headliner-less and go in early. Only person I was considering seeing is Stormzy, but the lack of new stuff is pretty uninspiring. Not overly fussed about Gojira though so just trying to get a gauge of what time to head over. Will probably head into Shangri-La whenever and just check out other areas, then move over to Truth at some point near the end of Gojira.

7 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Venom prison 

gojira

IDLES

????? happy me at the front for all of em 

Thought i had somebody lined up after Idles on the Park but looks like I was wrong so I’ll probably do this too crowds depending. 

The sacrificing of a Pyramid metal slot this year seems to have worked in my favour as Idles - Venom Prison - Gojira - Idles better than anything they could’ve realistically delivered.