Idles

fuzzy_logic

27 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Maybe it would be more pressing if you were a woman in a potential support band?

Do you know for certain that female based support bands were or were not considered? Or are you offended on behalf of other people?

As a white, 30-something male I appreciate fully that I have no frame of reference in the equality debate. However I am capable of seeing the difference between drawing attention to genuine issues and virtue signalling.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It seems some people won't be happy until we have equality of outcome in every aspect of life. 

Anti Flag make a point of employing only female techs and roadies and it just seems a bit forced. Maybe it's a good thing, maybe it's just virtue signalling. 

18 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I got subpar-PiL vibes from it.

Going through it atm, I reckon they sound better on the slower tracks like Hang me High and Empyrean than on the faster stuff.  The fast ones they definitely sound a bit more IDLES-lite. I could get on board with them, not ground breaking but then what is these days?

8 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Off to this tonight, well keen for it. Definitely one of my favourite finds from being a member of this forum.

Enjoy!

25 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Do you know for certain that female based support bands were or were not considered? Or are you offended on behalf of other people?

I didn't say I was offended, I said I was surprised that some of you seemed to get wound up by it.

I also pointed out that they had skin in the game, seeing that they are clearly one of the bands that didn't get considered despite female members.  I've never heard of them, just looked on here - https://kermes.bandcamp.com/ 

I don't doubt that they'll have received a very strong push back elsewhere online, still no such thing as bad publicity as they used to say.

• Upvote 1

Last night i tried to get Dev to say where and when they are playing but he wasn’t for letting on, which was fair enough.. bit of a wry smile behind the beard when I suggested the Park on friday eve though

And what a totally fucking brilliant gig at Leadmill

So so good

13 hours ago, deschwah said:

Last night i tried to get Dev to say where and when they are playing but he wasn’t for letting on, which was fair enough.. bit of a wry smile behind the beard when I suggested the Park on friday eve though

And what a totally fucking brilliant gig at Leadmill

So so good

Hadn't seen your vid but I did see some footage on Twitter from the final bit of Danny Nedelko.  Stoked for Friday night!

A fair response

One of the things I hate most about Twitter is that one person can tweet something and people (in particular the media) take it as something more, like the fact its written on the internet adds any sort of weight to it. the BBC are the worst for it in their desperate attempt to show a 'balanced argument'

Anywhoo, buzzing for next week, I've only seen them in small venues before so looking forward to seeing them somewhere a bit bigger now. Wish we had Fontaines DC as support though.

• Upvote 2