Idles

fuzzy_logic

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Someone made a valid point recently that they're the sort of act that the JP puts on reasonably early in the day to attract a mega crowd.

Think this is likely although I would quite like them to get the 15 minutes extra the headliners get. Not a lot in their current gigs I want getting cut 

32 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Fat White Family having a pop at Idles and Sleaford Mods now haha

Fat White’s have got to be joking about the Middle Class thing haven’t they? Ex Art School students some of them

Edit: FWIW having met the Idles lads a few times from drinking in many of the venues they cut their teeth in in Bristol, I think Williamson is talking out of his arse. While they may not be the sons of miners or dock workers who’ve lived on the breadline, I’d say they come from a fairly standard U.K. background and are all sound lads. They’re definitely not part of the red trousers Waitrose brigade ffs.

Edited by Mouseboy11

45 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Fat White’s have got to be joking about the Middle Class thing haven’t they? Ex Art School students some of them

Edit: FWIW having met the Idles lads a few times from drinking in many of the venues they cut their teeth in in Bristol, I think Williamson is talking out of his arse. While they may not be the sons of miners or dock workers who’ve lived on the breadline, I’d say they come from a fairly standard U.K. background and are all sound lads. They’re definitely not part of the red trousers Waitrose brigade ffs.

Fat Whites are definitely just sticking unnecessary jabs in. Entirely on brand and funny, but yeah if I was Idles I wouldn’t linger on that one.

But yeah I don’t think Williamson needs to turn it into a pissing contest. Can’t remember what car he drives but he’s not winning any “I’m more hard up than you” arguments with it, that’s for sure. Saying that, I think his criticism is definitely quite considered as I’ve heard a lot of people say similar about Joy... being unsubtle and patronising, not that I’ve found it a barrier to my enjoyment.

45 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Fat Whites are definitely just sticking unnecessary jabs in. Entirely on brand and funny, but yeah if I was Idles I wouldn’t linger on that one.

But yeah I don’t think Williamson needs to turn it into a pissing contest. Can’t remember what car he drives but he’s not winning any “I’m more hard up than you” arguments with it, that’s for sure. Saying that, I think his criticism is definitely quite considered as I’ve heard a lot of people say similar about Joy... being unsubtle and patronising, not that I’ve found it a barrier to my enjoyment.

Yeah, I definitely see where the complaints about Joy’s overall message come from. I myself can find it a bit patronising to preach ‘peace and love’ when we’ve a government that actively seeks to make the lives of family and friends worse. 

Still, I think it’s a fantastic record and personal attacks on the band aren’t the way to go. As has been said, you’d think Williamson would have bigger fish to fry.

Hint of jealousy from these bands towards Idles. Class/legitimacy type arguments. Weak piss.

Idles have a wider, more positive message to them than the lyrics to “I’m Scum” or “Danny Ndelko”. It’s refreshing, thus the summer they’re about to have is really threatening and annoying to these mid-tier jobbers.

42 minutes ago, OddRon said:

Saw someone on twitter point out that both sleaford mods and Fat white family have albums to promote right now, nothing says good press like attacking other bands that are more current than you

Nah I don’t think Shaun Williamson should have lied when asked what he thought about Idles. And Fat Whites don’t need an album out to have a pop at someone. :P

2 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Yeah, I definitely see where the complaints about Joy’s overall message come from. I myself can find it a bit patronising to preach ‘peace and love’ when we’ve a government that actively seeks to make the lives of family and friends worse. 

Isn’t that the point though? Idles aren’t the government. They’re meant to be rallying against them and their ilk