Idles

fuzzy_logic

24 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Similar buzz on eFests about Arcade Fire's appearance in 2007. Whilst I doubt Idles will hit those numbers, it is a while since theres been a band that get this level of interest on 'ere for their debut.

I remember the JP tent being absolutely rammed for Royal Blood in 2015. They'd only released 3 singles at the time and there was such a buzz about them. Wasn't on efests frequently at the time so can't say how they went down on here but never seen something like that for a band who didn't even have an album out at the time.

Edited by Superunknown

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Depends where they are on the bill too. Second or third on the JP would likely put them against some big hitters on the other stages. They’d get a big crowd, but maybe not a colossal one depending on who they’re up against.

I doubt they’ll be that late on. They don’t really do that with up and comers that they’re trying to put a spotlight on.

1 hour ago, majormajormajor said:

Debut?

Glasto debut, I suspect is meant.

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Depends where they are on the bill too. Second or third on the JP would likely put them against some big hitters on the other stages. They’d get a big crowd, but maybe not a colossal one depending on who they’re up against.

I doubt they’ll be that late on. They don’t really do that with up and comers that they’re trying to put a spotlight on.

1 hour ago, majormajormajor said:

Debut?

Glasto debut, I suspect is meant.

8 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Been reminded of the EP they released years ago back in 2012, very strange to look back on considering where they are now. They sound like The Maccabees here.

The first I heard of them was the 2015 MEAT EP and I didn't think much of it. Only got behind them the year after when they released Well Done and I still don;t really like any of the earlier stuff (although it was good live)