Idles

fuzzy_logic

28 minutes ago, foolee said:

I see on some other threads people are predicting these to sub park on the Friday, is there any reason to think they'll play the Friday? As I'd like to watch Liam Gallagher and have never been to Glasto so I am assuming it'd be impossible to get from the Pyramid to the Park after Liam to enable me to watch both acts....

Nah no specific reason. I've got them on Friday because they seem most suitable below my Friday headliner (Jarvis Cocker). In fact, I have a faint memory of their quote about playing the Park as the sun sets may have included "on Friday or Saturday", but I don't know for sure, and that seems a weird thing to say.

39 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not if you get there early like. It’s a standard secret set thing every year. That’s a fair bit more likely than an announced placing during the day on another day.

But, bearing in mind that they’re billed in the next rung below Frank Ferdinand and Jorja Smith at Boardmasters, I feel like some suggestions such as evening Other are a bit carried away.

Ah yeah, I forgot the Thursday was secret set day. I think they'd probably get just as big a crowd (if announced) anyway due to nowt else being on - see The Smyths

Edited by Tuna

They only played a small stage at Boomtown, late on a Thursday. It was packed - I always thought JPT would be a natural fit.

I've got tickets for April tour too but will definitely be catching them again come June.

Edited by vintagelaureate

JPT would be the best fit amazing to have all that energy under a roof that will be immense. Sub or headline Friday please. 

Hope to see them more than once, other openers would be a bit leftfield but hey why not and defo can see them playing Shangri-la early hours somewhere. 

9 hours ago, nikkic said:

JP would be the best fit I reckon. 

They deserve better than the bleakness of The Other stage. 

Agree with this. JP would be the best, in terms of atmosphere/buzz - I remember Royal Blood's set in there back in 2014. Other can be hit/miss. JP tent would be absolutely rammed though, so would plan to arrive 1 or 2 acts before and chose my spot (near the back...).  

On 1/11/2019 at 8:17 PM, vintagelaureate said:

They only played a small stage at Boomtown, late on a Thursday. It was packed - I always thought JPT would be a natural fit.

I've got tickets for April tour too but will definitely be catching them again come June.

That Boomtown set was the hottest mosh pit I've ever been in. And I've been in a few. It was a bloody riot!

:)

Ben

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

That Boomtown set was the hottest mosh pit I've ever been in. And I've been in a few. It was a bloody riot!

Ben

Yeah it was crazily hot in the middle! I once went to see Jimmy Eat World in the middle of a heatwave in July - only in Liverpool - but the air condition was broke and stuck blowing warm air in. It got that hot one of the gutairs on stage literally started to warp! 

13 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Oh Ben, we could have had a right good mosh as well as a rave! 

JPT so

13 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

They're on the JPT*, by the way. Heavy Lungs also playing, no sure where tho. 

(*and potentially elsewhere)

Oooofff this is GREAT news! Confirmed by someone in the know? It does seem like the perfect fit ?

• Like 1