Best Bogs

stuartbert two hats

For a "sit down"  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you like to sit and read the paper?

• Long Drops (roof)
    • Long Drops (no roof)
    • Composters
    • Portaloos
    • I don't shit at Glastonbury

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

my friend often goes more than 5 days .... the doctor said it wasn't an issue ... if it was me however id be in bits 

It depends. Consitpation is defined as shitting less than twice in any 7 day period. Not shitting for 5 days might not be a major issue if it happens naturally and then your bowels free up again. But stopping your body from getting rid of it's waste products is bad for your digestive system and that doctor shouldn't really be saying things like that. Don't hold it in people, it's not good for you.

55 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I'm all the years I've been going to Glastonbury, I've never once successfully used the urinals-- I just can't go in a communal trough surrounded by people, plus people on the outside can see your face as the fence isn't high enough! 

I have the same issue

normally to much MDMA though rather than a shy bladder

All about timing, innit. Early morning, the toilets in the centre are best, i like the ones near the info point. Never any queues, nice and easy. Afternoon, those ones on the railway line near Avalon are a good shout. Evening, you’re best with ones nearer the campsites. But generally, the ones at the Acoustic and the ones behind West Holts, near the comedy tent are usually a safe bet.

19 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

2019 will be my first no smoking Glastonbury, we'll see if I love longdrops so much when the pleasure of having a smoke and a shit no longer exists.

Unfortunately you'll discover your sense of smell will improve without the smoking, and so will your taste buds. You have been warned. ?

46 minutes ago, Mardy said:

All about timing, innit. Early morning, the toilets in the centre are best, i like the ones near the info point. Never any queues, nice and easy. Afternoon, those ones on the railway line near Avalon are a good shout. Evening, you’re best with ones nearer the campsites. But generally, the ones at the Acoustic and the ones behind West Holts, near the comedy tent are usually a safe bet.

Important to get the timing of the plopsies on track yeah. Defo has to be bright. 

Personally I think the earlier the better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, shuttlep said:

I have the same issue

normally to much MDMA though rather than a shy bladder

For chemicals, as long as you can avoid needing to rush for a chemically induced sh*t the next day I think you've done well.

Over what 27 times, I've never been one of you folk who have mentioned above that you like getting up early at the festival.  I've just been too broken or lazy.

I'm more content looking over the partition happily watching people pass by than when people are standing next to me and I get a bit paranoid about them staring at my micropenis ;)  

There's a recurrent meme in the popbitch newsletter that I subscribe to where people refer to IDNSHC (or that they did) for (in)famous people that they found themselves next to in the loos.  For example:-
"
Most surprising cock spot? Former Lib Dem MP Lembit Opik "a c*ck like a swan's neck; occupied both of his hands""

Apart from the title, and stuartbert two hats initial post( hello, and thank stuartbert - you know why I say that. I'm sure), I haven't read this thread.

The above said, I feel compelled to... Oh, fuck it, never mind.

Just to say - hello to all, have a great 2019, and an even better Glastonbury 2019. I think the reason that I'm not around these parts of late is that I know ( or kind of know) that I'm not going to Glastonbury ever again. 

I do love you folks. You are all, without doubt,  barmier than barmy things on barmy tablets. I do mention you to non efesters, and they have come to the same conclusion - you are indeed completely barmy! 

Congratulations you nutters.

With all my love

Yog.XXX

PS. Long live Brigadoon.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Apart from the title, and stuartbert two hats initial post( hello, and thank stuartbert - you know why I say that. I'm sure), I haven't read this thread.

The above said, I feel compelled to... Oh, fuck it, never mind.

Just to say - hello to all, have a great 2019, and an even better Glastonbury 2019. I think the reason that I'm not around these parts of late is that I know ( or kind of know) that I'm not going to Glastonbury ever again. 

I do love you folks. You are all, without doubt,  barmier than barmy things on barmy tablets. I do mention you to non efesters, and they have come to the same conclusion - you are indeed completely barmy! 

Congratulations you nutters.

With all my love

Yog.XXX

PS. Long live Brigadoon.

I hope you're OK and that you do at some point decide you'd like to go again, as it's obviously meant a great deal to you. 

Having said that, I know probably dozens of folks who are unlike the regs here and have had lifestyle changes that meant they decided it was no longer for them. In some cases they still have the germ of an idea they may ever want to go again, but of course that's harder than ever each year. 

Take care, I've enjoyed reading your stuff ?

One of the most alarming views at any festival at the urinals are where you have the small blocks or clusters of individual ones. Fine on the flat, but when they are on a slope and you are on the low side you end up staring straight down the barrel of the person opposite

Edited by tjamest

On 1/10/2019 at 9:58 AM, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I usually use the longdrops on the railway line crossroads as they are so close and are always clean first thing in the morning.

If there is less of a sense of urgency I like to stroll up to the 'Keyhole; loos at the bottom of The King's Field. Always immaculately clean and they allow the most natural squat position for a total evacuation. Some people assume the same squat position in the longdrops but they're just wronguns.

Thinking of taking a load of these this year to put in the longdrops...

images.png.5359efdeace5da23ef5ff22a663845ba.png

All depends on time of day for me.

Number 2's...

A clean portaloo in the morning is lovely. Composters during the day. Long drop at nights - nowt better than sat looking up at the stars.

Number 1's

Urinals...always a lottery for me. In wet years, your walking in pissy mud and it's one place you don't want to fall over. Hot years, the stench is awful and the grass becomes quite greasy...and frankly there's not much to grap to get your balance so you're back into face planting pissy grass. Long drops every time for a wee.

Edited by Keithy