Best Bogs

stuartbert two hats

For a "sit down"  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you like to sit and read the paper?

• Long Drops (roof)
    • Long Drops (no roof)
    • Composters
    • Portaloos
    • I don't shit at Glastonbury

7 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

think the new ones near the entrance to Bushy were raised, roofed long drops (I'd never seen them before either).

Annoyingly, they replaced the handy set of composts + urinal that had been brought in (to my delight) just a few years earlier.

Great topic btw.

Ah thanks. I'm sure there were composters somewhere in Bushy last year too though? I camped there and sure I used them, but might be thinking of 2015.

Definitely would like to see more urinals as a woman - it would free up a few more loos for us ladies.

and whilst on the subject of urinals ... does anyone know why they leave one side with no trough,  so some of the lazy animals can piss against the blue surround , dont think ive mentioned this for at least 6 months :) but surely the festival have spotted it by now and it would give the urinals 25% increase in capacity 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ah thanks. I'm sure there were composters somewhere in Bushy last year too though? I camped there and sure I used them, but might be thinking of 2015.

Definitely would like to see more urinals as a woman - it would free up a few more loos for us ladies.

Yeah the main ones in the middle are all composts, but there was another set near the silver hayes entrance ( i tend to camp towards that corner).

And yeah, more urinals definitely needed. Its daft having a load of blokes queuing for a piss, and taking up valuable cubicle space. Probably leads to more pissing on the land too. Especially in the campsites.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

The toilets in WV really aren't that good, there are nowhere near enough for the number of people staying in there. Which is why I save my morning ablutions for the longdrops at the bottom of the hill.

I agree, I think WV toilets are way oversold, but if there is not a queue then they are pretty good.

I have no fear of the long drops at Glastonbury, I think they work really well and are preferable to the 'flushing' portaloos used at other festivals.

30 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

I have a mate (true story not me )

who can only poop Naked, this includes Glastonbury, i have a photo to prove it 

My son is like that. Thankfully it's only when he's at home, but I'm hoping he grows out of it soon! He's 11 for god's sake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

and whilst on the subject of urinals ... does anyone know why they leave one side with no trough,  so some of the lazy animals can piss against the blue surround , dont think ive mentioned this for at least 6 months :) but surely the festival have spotted it by now and it would give the urinals 25% increase in capacity 

I thought they did (finally) do something towards this in some of the urinals next year?  Changing the design of the urinals seems a cheaper approach than employing stewards to shout at people, which is the only other option I can think of.

26 minutes ago, duke88 said:

My son is like that. Thankfully it's only when he's at home, but I'm hoping he grows out of it soon! He's 11 for god's sake.

my mate turns 30 this year

still makes me laugh , when he potters off to the long drops

• Upvote 1

While the answer will obviously vary depending on specifically where you're talking about - maybe the empty side can't be plumbed through to the collection tank for whatever reason?

I always assumed it was because that side is often visible to passers by- but considering where people choose to piss anyway... 

29 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I thought they did (finally) do something towards this in some of the urinals next year?  Changing the design of the urinals seems a cheaper approach than employing stewards to shout at people, which is the only other option I can think of.

must have missed that but good news if they did .... I know its something that pisses you off too :) 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I'm all the years I've been going to Glastonbury, I've never once successfully used the urinals-- I just can't go in a communal trough surrounded by people, plus people on the outside can see your face as the fence isn't high enough! 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I'm all the years I've been going to Glastonbury, I've never once successfully used the urinals-- I just can't go in a communal trough surrounded by people, plus people on the outside can see your face as the fence isn't high enough! 

You're not alone; quite a lot of people don't like urinals, myself included. Have to be near exploding to ever use the troughs. Those urinal crosses during events aren't too bad if nothing else is available. Usually I'm definitely in for a good hike to find a nice, reasonably clean composter or portaloo. But I do have to admit that it certainly takes up to two-three days for my body to relax enough to have a big release. 

5 days without excretion is very unhealthy and id recommend you really don't do that. PLus the fact is you're going to have a very hard time of it when you get home to your own jacks, squeezing out a shite the size of a cinder block as if the post glasto week long hangover wasn't bad enough....

I don't like being able to see the sky when I'm taking a dump. Makes me feel vulnerable.

Edited by Madyaker
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

5 days without excretion is very unhealthy and id recommend you really don't do that. PLus the fact is you're going to have a very hard time of it when you get home to your own jacks. As if the post glasto week long hangover wasn't bad enough....

I don't like being able to see the sky when I'm taking a dump. Makes me feel vulnerable.

my friend often goes more than 5 days .... the doctor said it wasn't an issue ... if it was me however id be in bits