Best Bogs

stuartbert two hats

For a "sit down"  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you like to sit and read the paper?

• Long Drops (roof)
    • Long Drops (no roof)
    • Composters
    • Portaloos
    • I don't shit at Glastonbury

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

being a bit more specific ... but not too specific i use the ones in the clearing near jp ... lovely and quiet before people get up in the mornings :) 

Hang on, that’s my morning turnout spot!  Typically very close to 8am. They’ve just been cleaned at that time, it’s as quiet and pleasant as it could possibly be, and I’m ridding myself of all the previous day’s unwanted toxins. I bloody love my Glastonbury morning poop routine ?

Edited by balti-pie
Damn autocorrect changing ridding to riding

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

Hang on, that’s my morning turnout spot!  Typically very close to 8am. They’ve just been cleaned at that time, it’s as quiet and pleasant as it could possibly be, and I’m riding myself of all the previous day’s unwanted toxins. I bloody love my Glastonbury morning poop routine ?

I will bring u a copy of the worthy press to read ... added luxury :) I can be in there any time between 6 am and 9 am 

• Upvote 1

The composters backstage at the Acoustic Stage ;)

(But for public consumption, the long drops up by the Astrolabe, just before you go to Gate C, are top notch). 

(I used the loos in the utility area of the farmhouse once - when I was down for the Festival Run. Most exciting wee of my entire life)

Quite a fan of a (clean) portaloo in the morning. Have the luxury of being in camper van field so there’re not so bad. You can lock the door, rest your head on the inside of the door and get on with it in anonymity. Head is normally pretty pounding at that time. Not so much fun when it’s baking hot in a turdis though. On site in the evening when your, erm, partying hard then the composters come into action, unless it’s a wee then the long drops are a thing of outdoor micturating beauty.

Edited by semmtexx

I am quite happy to use whatever is available, but one of our group had a eureka moment when she found her first composter. As the person who organises our group, some may say control freak, but i say organise, i have been tasked with  mapping the compost loos for her.

Edited by GMF

Compost loos all the way, although I never hang around in any toilet longer than I have to! We camp in Bushy now so I normally end up going at the campsite and it's usually fine, maybe a bit of a queue, but so much nicer than long drops. Trying to find a clean/dry seat in those always seems a mission but not so in the composters. Only problem with the latter is the doors tend to start coming off by the end of the fest. 

Top thread by the way, important issue! :)