First to arrive.....

Blisterpack

6 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I saw Brexit early doors on the Friday a few years back. I dont remember which stage, but it was shit then and I hope they don't come back. 

Yeah, that hadn't really worked out their identity. Tried to satisfy too many different people and ended up satisfying no-one. Sh*t gig.

11 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I reckon it will be one of the workers ... dont they usually arrive on the sunday before the festival

10 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Bin painters I reckon.

10 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

fair shout :) .... along with pyramid skin putter on ers ... and fence builders ... with security 

Some but not all as there is workers there for many weeks doing various jobs.

Goose Hall Crew Catering is open from the beginning of June to the middle of July.{ when the festival starts they cater for 900 for each meal } I think it works out at 7 weeks.

see http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/site-snaps-tipis-and-tattoos/  as many shots are from Goose Hall.

Its one area that I have never been in - the WBC has its own Catering Company and they share a huge tent with the WBC Crew bar where I work.

1 hour ago, LeeHC said:

A friend has got a paid bin painting gig this year (I assume she sold her soul to the devil to get it) and will be on site for a couple of months pre-festival I think!

Can i ask a stupid question? Do the bin people really need to repaint the bins every year? Do the bins not stay painted? I do like the bins, but it feels excessive to have a whole team of people updating them every single year. I don't even varnish my front door every year and that gets used every day.

Just to add - Sorry if this sounds like a moan, the bin people do a great job and I love the charity stuff they do with new designs.

Edited by reflekting

27 minutes ago, reflekting said:

Can i ask a stupid question? Do the bin people really need to repaint the bins every year? Do the bins not stay painted? I do like the bins, but it feels excessive to have a whole team of people updating them every single year. I don't even varnish my front door every year and that gets used every day.

Just to add - Sorry if this sounds like a moan, the bin people do a great job and I love the charity stuff they do with new designs.

Honestly I'm not sure! As I understand it they pay actual artists to do the 'good' bins which will be at least partly commissioned and are themed to the year (I think). The volunteer bin painters come later and do the rest. It's quite a 'who you know' gig I think and I reckon the bins do get quite a caning- especially in wet years!

1 hour ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

First to arrive pitches the tent.

In my experience, the first to arrive pitches the tent and then proceeds to drink a load of JD Honey and passes out on the pile of wood chip at Gate D so they can be easily located

Edited by Sasperella
  • Upvote 1