Kappa Futur Festival

I'm still looking for another European festival for July or August (not sure about Tomorrowland yet and I'm losing patience with Way Out West, still to announce anything) and I've had a look at Kappa Futur Festival. Has anyone on here been and would you recommend it? Any tips/recommendations?

Don't know anything about Turin itself either but I love northern Italy so if it all worked out I'd probably make a long weekend of it.

18 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm still looking for another European festival for July or August (not sure about Tomorrowland yet and I'm losing patience with Way Out West, still to announce anything) and I've had a look at Kappa Futur Festival. Has anyone on here been and would you recommend it? Any tips/recommendations?

Don't know anything about Turin itself either but I love northern Italy so if it all worked out I'd probably make a long weekend of it.

I have a friend that lives in Turin and always go to this, this is what he told me:

The festival runs from 12.00 to 00.00 in a park with a post-industrial metal structure in the middle which is the Main Stage, other 3/4 stages are around and hosted smaller djs. 

He told me that the atmosphere is relaxed (but I don't trust him). 

Turin is a lovely city, if you have some questions don't hesitate to ask. 

• Upvote 1

I've been there and it's a must-do if you like techno. The place is great, perfect for a techno festival with it's post industrial structures.

Actually it's not true that on the other 3 stages there are smaller djs, big djs are on every stage. Just to mention a few, names like Adam Beyer, Sam Paganini, Amelie Lens, Ilario Alicante, Hot Since 82, Paco Osuna, Robert Hood, Pan-Pot, Rodhad and Adriatique were not on the Main Stage last year. I'd say that all stages have djs of the same size but as lineups are not that different every year they just rotate. Also the times they are playing is not related to their size. Solomun was playing at 7:30pm, Luciano at 3pm, Martinez Brothers at 2:30pm, Amelie Lens at 4pm,  Timo Maas even at 1pm. You just need to go early and live the whole day if you don't wanna miss anybody.

The worst part is the heat. Except the main stage, other 3 stages have no shade and partying in July under sun can be hard.

After the festival there are several afterparties with Djs of the festivals in clubs like Audiodrome, Big or Milk, so actually the parties don't stop at midnight if you don't want to. Last year afterparties were with names like by Joseph Capriati, Ilario Alicante and Sam Paganini, so big ones.

Turin is a wonderful city, reeeeeeally worth a visit. No campsite, so you'll need to look for an apartment or a hotel.

Don't know if it's an info that interests you or not, but worth a mention that there's police with dogs after the entrance, so after you're in you'll have to walk close to the dog. This happens when they have already checked your tickets. It's something you'll find out only once you're in so keep this in mind.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

Techno during daylight that isn't 5-8am? I can't even comprehend partying like that :lol:

Actually I love it. 

There are some techno festivals in the daylight like Awakenings that work well indeed :)

• 4 years later...
On 1/9/2019 at 11:56 AM, ilbeyene said:

I've been there and it's a must-do if you like techno. The place is great, perfect for a techno festival with it's post industrial structures.

Actually it's not true that on the other 3 stages there are smaller djs, big djs are on every stage. Just to mention a few, names like Adam Beyer, Sam Paganini, Amelie Lens, Ilario Alicante, Hot Since 82, Paco Osuna, Robert Hood, Pan-Pot, Rodhad and Adriatique were not on the Main Stage last year. I'd say that all stages have djs of the same size but as lineups are not that different every year they just rotate. Also the times they are playing is not related to their size. Solomun was playing at 7:30pm, Luciano at 3pm, Martinez Brothers at 2:30pm, Amelie Lens at 4pm,  Timo Maas even at 1pm. You just need to go early and live the whole day if you don't wanna miss anybody.

The worst part is the heat. Except the main stage, other 3 stages have no shade and partying in July under sun can be hard.

After the festival there are several afterparties with Djs of the festivals in clubs like Audiodrome, Big or Milk, so actually the parties don't stop at midnight if you don't want to. Last year afterparties were with names like by Joseph Capriati, Ilario Alicante and Sam Paganini, so big ones.

Turin is a wonderful city, reeeeeeally worth a visit. No campsite, so you'll need to look for an apartment or a hotel.

Don't know if it's an info that interests you or not, but worth a mention that there's police with dogs after the entrance, so after you're in you'll have to walk close to the dog. This happens when they have already checked your tickets. It's something you'll find out only once you're in so keep this in mind.

is there parking at the festival. Could I travel in a camper VW van and park up and stay in it