Going solo

Dwaynne2019

Hi guys this is my first festival in 7 years and I will be going solo and I am feeling a bit nervous. 

I was wondering what the atmosphere is like at the festival and in the campsite areas. I'm hoping I will meet up with some people whilst there but I do get nervous 

Also 2 quick questions. 1- Is there a restriction to tent size as the tent I have is a 3 man walk in tent for myself, wondering whether it would be best to get something smaller. 2- Is there trolleys or something to hire to get my things from the car. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one mate, best way to do a festival is on your own.

Isle of wight is one of the friendliest festivals out there so it shouldn’t be too hard to meet decent people there. The atmosphere is really chilled and just shear happiness from everyone

You'll be fine with a 3 man tent, they only really care if one person has like an 8 man tent 

Last yeah there were people you could hire from the car park to take your gear into the campsite, they were called little green Sherpas or something like that, they were all doing it for charity. They were around about £30 to hire 

Have an awesome time, Isle of Wight truly is a special festival :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2019 at 6:30 PM, JacquelineS said:

I went last year on my own from Canada. And I am old. It's a great festival, fairly easy to navigate etc. My advice is take the coach. I took the coach from Victoria station last year and it was great. I recommend catching the earliest one available.

I was thinking of going by coach but I have family on the Island so I am driving there and leaving my care other them 

• 3 years later...

Hi, 

Can I ask if you went on your own in the end? If so, how did you find it?

I'm considering doing it this year - none of my friends are festival people so no one is willing to pay the price but I'm thinking why should that stop me, and I'll just go on my own instead! Or is it weird and I'll just be lonely haha

Thanks for any advice 🙂 

• Like 1

Most peope are more than happy to chat and stuff. Guess it depends how comfortable you are chatting to strangers and just going with the flow. It doesnt bother me but i will chat to anyone especially when drunk and am happy to see bands etc by myself any time. Its a very friendly place with the added bonus you can walk / get bus to Newport if you want a bit of an escape .

Go for it! 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 6:53 PM, FestivalNewbie1234 said:

Hi, 

Can I ask if you went on your own in the end? If so, how did you find it?

I'm considering doing it this year - none of my friends are festival people so no one is willing to pay the price but I'm thinking why should that stop me, and I'll just go on my own instead! Or is it weird and I'll just be lonely haha

Thanks for any advice 🙂 

There is a Facebook Group "Isle of Wight Festival Camp Loners 2023"

All types and ages , they are very friendly and welcome new folks . Obviously you don't have to camp with them and can drop in and out with folks.

• Like 1