Emily interview

dccool

9 minutes ago, DJL said:

That’s exactly what I worry about. I can’t stand the likes of Trump or Farage and hate the (mis)use of be words snowflake or millennial as a derogatory term too. 

I agree, i did mean that any shorthand title for a group of people runs the risk of creating stereotypes, I just used Gammon as an example.

Solid headliner for WH in Janelle Monae, the BBC in particular have been pushing her output pretty heavily over the last six months or so. I've not seen her live but what I have heard of her latest album is solid an I imagine her show will be quality.

Change at Arcadia is nothing new, I think there have already been several threads on the fact that the spider won't be there this year. An expanded/rearranged Park and Block9 are definitely to be welcomed. It will be interesting to see whether any change will be made to Silver Hayes.   

39 minutes ago, RyanS said:

On reflection, I do find it surprising that people who have Glastonbury tickets wouldn't have at least HEARD of her given that she's on all the end of year lists and had loads of press attention.   

In the event that you're going to the biggest music festival in the world and don't really keep up with music, it's hard to comprehend that Moonlight and Hidden Figures have passed so many people by.

I remember year before I first went to Glastonbury so would be 2015 seeing few media interviews with mainly younger people arriving.  Quite a few didn't even know who was playing .

People go for many reasons.  

I think most people who post on here regularly have a wide musical knowledge but also it's often the case that a lot passes us by .

I'm in my 50s . Yes I listen to 6 music but don't wear chords...I know who janelle monae is but couldn't tell you very much about her . 

17 minutes ago, GMF said:

I agree, i did mean that any shorthand title for a group of people runs the risk of creating stereotypes, I just used Gammon as an example.

I'm with u on this to many media stereotypes now to just write off groups both young and older . Nobody I know can be completely pigeon holed or should be 

16 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I bet you properly danced around when you heard this - I thought you were a fan :-) , I'm a newbie, where's good to start listening to her ?

The Archandroid album is full of pop belters

7FF12A5C-790D-44F8-9470-D9EDC343714C.jpeg.b95db3f588f4b491229d5a25eabcb549.jpeg

Also, here’s a bit of the last time she played West Holts

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, ripcurl85 said:

Solid headliner for WH in Janelle Monae, the BBC in particular have been pushing her output pretty heavily over the last six months or so. I've not seen her live but what I have heard of her latest album is solid an I imagine her show will be quality.

Aye, I've heard her quite a bit and enjoyed it too.  

Her album was tremendously received last year - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_Computer#Accolades

I hadn't even realised the different roles she's played, but she clearly chooses her projects carefully.

To be honest the more the festival cause those tedious gits without tickets to appear on social media saying "who?" then the better, it means more of the crowd in here can get tickets in the resale :) 

55 minutes ago, Mardy said:

The Archandroid album is full of pop belters

7FF12A5C-790D-44F8-9470-D9EDC343714C.jpeg.b95db3f588f4b491229d5a25eabcb549.jpeg

I’ve had her new one on repeat since I got into it last year but never listened to any of her other stuff. Will get on to this one immediately. Can’t wait to see her on WH! 

Edit: just watched the WH clip as well Mardy! Wowzers.

Edited by Phoenix Girl