Jump to content
dccool

Emily interview

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I saw Caitlin Moran stagger out of it one year which bears this out, but don't the BBC team also stay there?

2016? She was stood next to us at Wolf Alice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea of the process when purchasing a tipi for the festival but would I be right in thinking you don't get an option of where said tipi is located?

Which means if they want to move them elsewhere tough cookies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

I have no idea of the process when purchasing a tipi for the festival but would I be right in thinking you don't get an option of where said tipi is located?

Which means if they want to move them elsewhere tough cookies?

They're sold on the website as being "a limited number of Tipis available to hire for Festival-goers, in the Tipi Village near the Stone Circle and adjacent to the Park area of the Festival, offering spectacular views across the whole site from the hills." They can re-arrange the area but they can't really take them out of it (without annoying lots of people).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:03 PM, clarkete said:


To be honest the more the festival cause those tedious gits without tickets to appear on social media saying "who?" then the better, it means more of the crowd in here can get tickets in the resale :) 

Amen to that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a great photo but the Tipi Park looks like it’s on a fairly flat area before it ramps up. 

A5797E2D-9756-4B5B-AFEF-208838AC67A8.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jackal1 said:

Tipi Village is a big area to relocate 

32530747-D2D9-41C8-968A-96D494D986C1.jpeg

Maybe I'm a little obsessed but random photos like this get me very excited for the festival

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

They're sold on the website as being "a limited number of Tipis available to hire for Festival-goers, in the Tipi Village near the Stone Circle and adjacent to the Park area of the Festival, offering spectacular views across the whole site from the hills." They can re-arrange the area but they can't really take them out of it (without annoying lots of people).

There's no shortage of demand for tipis. If they decide to move them they just need to contact everyone who booked one saying they are moving and giving the option of cancelling. It'll be a choice of accepting the move or giving up their sought after salubrious camping spot and going in with the crowds in the cramped camping fields. Pretty sure I know what will happen. Even if people decide to give them up, the festival will have no problem reselling them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

There's no shortage of demand for tipis. If they decide to move them they just need to contact everyone who booked one saying they are moving and giving the option of cancelling. It'll be a choice of accepting the move or giving up their sought after salubrious camping spot and going in with the crowds in the cramped camping fields. Pretty sure I know what will happen. Even if people decide to give them up, the festival will have no problem reselling them.

True. Although I'd have thought they'd have known about this new Park area before selling them, and before describing them like that on the website (which remains unchanged), if they were going to move them elsewhere on site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I saw Caitlin Moran stagger out of it one year which bears this out, but don't the BBC team also stay there?

Get rid of Caitlin Moran and add new stuff, that's a win-win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

True. Although I'd have thought they'd have known about this new Park area before selling them, and before describing them like that on the website (which remains unchanged), if they were going to move them elsewhere on site.

That must be the case. Therefore I still would say it is the smaller Tipi field alongside the Park stage they're moving.

Another factor in relocating the main tipi field is that it will take up a decent area of a camping field somewhere. This may be possible if there is a continuing trend for more people to be using off-site areas for camping, or glamping, but otherwise will add to the crush.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

That must be the case. Therefore I still would say it is the smaller Tipi field alongside the Park stage they're moving.

Another factor in relocating the main tipi field is that it will take up a decent area of a camping field somewhere. This may be possible if there is a continuing trend for more people to be using off-site areas for camping, or glamping, but otherwise will add to the crush.

 

They could move it off-site like all the other glamping options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

They could move it off-site like all the other glamping options.

The appeal of the Tipis is that they are on site, our group was just too big to book one but not big enough for two so went WV instead, otherwise I'd have loved to have gone for the Tipis. Judging by the pic in this thread it looks like the backstage/hospitality tipis that will move.

Still, am loving the speculation, can't beat a change the site layout!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never could have anticipated that the most hotly discussed element from the interview would have been the mention of tipi movement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

The appeal of the Tipis is that they are on site,

I get that, but they have moved Camp Light because they were talking up valuable prime festival space so I wouldn't rule it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I never could have anticipated that the most hotly discussed element from the interview would have been the mention of tipi movement.

Logistics over line up every time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I get that, but they have moved Camp Light because they were talking up valuable prime festival space so I wouldn't rule it out.

The difference being that the festival as I mentioned earlier get a decent chunk of money for the hiring of these teepees but camplight was sold more on a better for the environment basis ? I reckon thats where the hospitality ones  will get relocated to 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Maybe I'm a little obsessed...

IMG_20181212_220331.jpg.ca022b65308b0af3ba7667ae3df8700f.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, clarkete said:

I never could have anticipated that the most hotly discussed element from the interview would have been the mention of tipi movement.

Think it shows the excitement is getting ramped up when there's big debate over news that in reality affects none of us. Unless everyone here is loaded and I'm the only one slumming it in a tent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

At this point you might as well change your profile pic!

IMG_-u7s9zo.thumb.jpg.35e404e5a922e18e39852ad24966c6f5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone said they liked these random photos popping up and I agree..... So here are my useful photos of the two Tipi areas, in clockwise order, from the Ribbon Tower at 5am Thursday 2016. 

Tipi Park...F38A47D2-1DBA-41F7-A82D-60B81FE014F3.jpeg.92d747ba419c5397e2e1d8e3c2a5ecd6.jpeg

Park Stage...86DBDD87-C305-43AB-A2A4-FBA5E00AFEFC.jpeg.149e3643c47aa04ab4682f1012f27b2c.jpeg

The Park...

6AD4222C-20C2-443D-A321-3AFB1D76F7FB.jpeg.447e8355c26d922fcad6d0f3b0f6346f.jpeg

Tipi Field...

F9BD843F-8910-413C-8456-D50096558227.jpeg.7fb85bd21e4e6800e22b6d1fe27dbfa3.jpeg

Rabbit Hole...

EB8E7E80-2B0A-4295-9916-8F52B78EFB7B.jpeg.076a1a08496e8b322daabec8a06b64d1.jpeg

Sign...40668733-7B09-45C3-9E25-0F2F11BDDA25.jpeg.8178dd9bf463990370b6a6aff69d66f4.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×