Emily interview

dccool

25 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

They played 3rd down Other last time out, if anything their hype seems to have died down. They're nowhere near the size of Royal Blood as a current rock option, not for Glastonbury's audience anyway.

I enjoyed seeing them that time and loved that album. You're right though that the hype is gone. I reckon that will have been their peak. The new stuff isn't great and didn't help with an embarrassing performance on Sunday Brunch!

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

I think iggy pop and the stooges played that year--very enjoyable. Also spiritualized did an acoustic late slot on the park stage which was good. John Fogherty too (cheesier than I was expecting but still enjoyed it). I think there were quite a few good, underrated sets in 2007 despite the weather

Iggy Pop other stage wasn't that the bring back the wispa banner invasion :-) 

37 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

They played 3rd down Other last time out, if anything their hype seems to have died down. They're nowhere near the size of Royal Blood as a current rock option, not for Glastonbury's audience anyway.

Eh? They just released their 6th album and headlining APE. I'd argue they're about the same size as royal blood. Certainly not dying down.

20 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Eh? They just released their 6th album and headlining APE. I'd argue they're about the same size as royal blood. Certainly not dying down.

Royal Blood have a broader appeal and is more a typical Glastonbury act. BMTH have definitely peaked, they had quite a substantial amount of mainstream exposure in 2016 but there seems to be far less this time round. BTMH even said last time that Glastonbury wasn't their usual scene.

They're certainly not on the up and up like Royal Blood were in 2017, as you say this is their 6th album and I don't think they're going to get any bigger. Catfish headlined APE last year yet they only played 3rd down Other the year before too.

1 hour ago, jackarmy said:

She said metal. But I don't think you can really call ZZ Top or Royal Blood "metal" can you? 

Monsters of Rock headliners in the later 80's weren't they? it reminds me of the most famous Monsters of Rock lineup summer of 84 I think, when it was AC/DC, Van Halen, Ozzy and a few others down the bill. Van Halen were insinuating that if this was in the US, they'd be topping the bill, while the Young brothers were smirking at Van Halen being at a "metal" festival saying they were a "pop band". 

I never got into the Royal Blood hype, although I tried to. I can see why Jack White gets miffed when bands come out like the Black Keys, etc...wonder what he makes of this lot too

Edited by tevaburger

18 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

it reminds me of the most famous Monsters of Rock lineup summer of 84 I think, when it was AC/DC, Van Halen, Ozzy and a few others down the bill. Van Halen were insulting that if this was in the US, they'd be topping the bill, while the Young brothers were smirking at Van Halen being at a "metal" festival saying they were a "pop band". 

My 1st festival 8)

21 minutes ago, TheNoise said:
WEMBLEY STADIUM 06/21/2019   LONDON, UK BUY TICKETSBUY VIP
RICOH ARENA 06/23/2019   COVENTRY, UK BUY TICKETSBUY VIP
MERKUR SPIEL-ARENA 07/03/2019   DUSSELDORF, GERMANY BUY TICKETSBUY VIP
OLYMPIC STADIUM 07/05/2019   MUNICH, GERMANY

Nice Glasto size hole there.

Cheers mate but literally whose tour dates are these?

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

The "rock/metal" slot is improving year by year in that case. Starting from Royal Blood its a low base granted. 

Skynyrd could work. Only need to play an hour. Although in terms of original members they're even less authentic than Mike Loves Beach Boys. 

And not many people will know more than 2 songs

Metal slot 

Bon Jovi 

dont wanna be that guy, but focking fock me focking hell no 

edit: hey I thought there was a swear filter! Sorry. Amended for delicate eyes! 

Edited by balti-pie