Emily interview

dccool

Very nice chat with George and Emily. Delighted that the Metal Slot is a fixture, although I suspect we'll get Greta Van Fleet doing their Kingdom Come/Led Zeppelin tribute in that slot. Will be interesting to see if it is another classic act or someone like GVF who are new.

Thought it was interesting to hear Emily say that they have all the stages they need right now, which means the rumoured addition to The Park could serve another purpose.

All in all an enjoyable listen. Am not really a fan of Ezra but he seemed like a thoroughly decent chap.

Just now, Hotchilidog said:

Very nice chat with George and Emily. Delighted that the Metal Slot is a fixture, although I suspect we'll get Greta Van Fleet doing their Kingdom Come/Led Zeppelin tribute in that slot. Will be interesting to see if it is another classic act or someone like GVF who are new.

Thought it was interesting to hear Emily say that they have all the stages they need right now, which means the rumoured addition to The Park could serve another purpose.

All in all an enjoyable listen. Am not really a fan of Ezra but he seemed like a thoroughly decent chap.

No way Greta Van Fleet would do it. They'd be like 3rd down the John Peel.

15 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I think iggy pop and the stooges played that year--very enjoyable. Also spiritualized did an acoustic late slot on the park stage which was good. John Fogherty too (cheesier than I was expecting but still enjoyed it). I think there were quite a few good, underrated sets in 2007 despite the weather

There were probably some great sets, I just couldn't hear most of them due to the sound of rain clattering off my hood.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

@rawaudioinput just suggested BMTH for it. Didn't someone on here meet them and say they're doing another festival on top of APE that they're not headlining? Surely could only be Glasto or Big Weekend.

They played 3rd down Other last time out, if anything their hype seems to have died down. They're nowhere near the size of Royal Blood as a current rock option, not for Glastonbury's audience anyway.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

@rawaudioinput just suggested BMTH for it. Didn't someone on here meet them and say they're doing another festival on top of APE that they're not headlining? Surely could only be Glasto or Big Weekend.

They played 3rd down Other last time out, if anything their hype seems to have died down. They're nowhere near the size of Royal Blood as a current rock option, not for Glastonbury's audience anyway.