Emily interview

dccool

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 6:13 PM, The Nal said:

2007 was a totally different story. No late night options really as it was pre SE corner, Stone Circle wasnt an option as it was pissing rain and Lost Vagueness was coming to an end. The weather was utterly appalling and the lineup was a load of old bollocks. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glastonbury_Festival_line-ups#2007 

I still have nightmares about just how terrible 2007 in terms of weather, but had blotted out how bad the lineup actually was.

That said the Saturday Other run from CSS through to Iggy was ok.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I've not listened to this yet but could be interesting...

Interesting that in this interview Emily mentions the "metal (rock) slot" on the Friday late afternoon. Motorhead, ZZ Top, Royal Blood being the last 3 acts to play 3rd from top on the Friday...

This would probably suggest that that they've got somebody booked for it this year. Iggy Pop maybe? 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I've not listened to this yet but could be interesting...

To be fair to George it's pretty good, nothing earth shattering but a nice chat. From the festival point of view all that you could really take from it is the festival is about as big as it's ever going to be. Someone had asked for a new stage for new international artists but they said no.

There's talk of how they pay less than other festivals and how they push the point about making money afterwards due to the exposure. She spilled the beans on Kylie but he obviously kept it quiet until now.

The Friday Metal slot is now officially a thing!

1 minute ago, jackarmy said:

Interesting that in this interview Emily mentions the "metal (rock) slot" on the Friday late afternoon. Motorhead, ZZ Top, Royal Blood being the last 3 acts to play 3rd from top on the Friday...

This would probably suggest that that they've got somebody booked for it this year. Iggy Pop maybe? 

Whitesnake!

9 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

Alice in Chains are I Europe that June. Clutching at straws I think. 

On 1/11/2019 at 6:59 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Bjork, Africa Express and Arcade Fire were good. The rest was really, really hard work.

I think iggy pop and the stooges played that year--very enjoyable. Also spiritualized did an acoustic late slot on the park stage which was good. John Fogherty too (cheesier than I was expecting but still enjoyed it). I think there were quite a few good, underrated sets in 2007 despite the weather

Edited by Mr.Tease