Emily interview

dccool

Only on this site could we have so much tipi confusion, in summary:

The backstage tipis (not likely to move as much of the access etc is er backstage)

The paid for normal tipis (quite likely to move but havent they already been paid for?)

The proper tipis (less likely to move, already in a weird spot and not really been happy with the location since they moved them away from the Strummer stone etc etc)

4 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

The backstage tipis (not likely to move as much of the access etc is er backstage)

The paid for normal tipis (quite likely to move but havent they already been paid for?)

The proper tipis (less likely to move, already in a weird spot and not really been happy with the location since they moved them away from the Strummer stone etc etc)

I was working on the assumption that they’d decided all this before the tipis went on sale, and it was taken into account. My guess would be that the paid for Tipis move down into the space taken previously by Camplight(?) at the top of Pennards, hence why Camplight have been told they can’t be in the same spot this year. 

2 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I was working on the assumption that they’d decided all this before the tipis went on sale, and it was taken into account. My guess would be that the paid for Tipis move down into the space taken previously by Camplight(?) at the top of Pennards, hence why Camplight have been told they can’t be in the same spot this year. 

That does sound plausible. Although there'll be much complaining from the Pennards crowd as 200 tipis take up a lot of space. 

21 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Going from West to East, the 3 Tipi areas are -

Tipi Park - used for Artists & Hospitality, but isn't within the backstage area so could easily be moved.

Tipi Village - the paid for ones at the top of Pennards

Tipi Field - the traditional Tipi dwellers Field just below Strummerville, originally relocated from what's now Block 9.

My thoughts would be that the paid for ones would stay where they are..... a very good source of  revenue if there are 200 of them as a poster above mentioned that's an almost guaranteed £200,000 in the bank ,nothing mentioned that these would be moving when the tickets were purchased originally so why annoy these people and the infrastructure is already in place . I would go for the idea of moving the Tipi park into either some space freed up by the camplight removal or / and some space created with the changes happening at arcadia 

1 hour ago, giantkatestacks said:

idb_pink_main.jpg

I would think it would be the Tipi Park - they already have a few venues nearby like the rabbit hole. Maybe that area will expand? 

The glasto website says: "In 2019, the Tipi Village at Glastonbury Festival will once again be offering pre-erected 18ft Tipis on the Southern slopes of the Festival site – leaving you with nothing to carry home but your bags."  I can't imagine them moving those and they aren't next to the park as Emily said anyway.

Edit: it gets ridiculously slopey there though....hard to put in many structures

Edited by karaseen

Did anyone else catch this - a couple of songs after the interview, she kind of recaps things, JM etc. She says something along the lines of "a new area where the flags were before! How about that?"

Could just be her taking the idea and running with it, orrrr maybe she knows more.

5 hours ago, incident said:

Tipi Park - used for Artists & Hospitality, but isn't within the backstage area so could easily be moved

They are currently backstage and I hate them.  I pass this area 200 times a day and it’s totally under used. It’s basically Emily’s liggers.

The only way I see that tipi field getting used for a public event space would be to open up an access point right in the corner, next to the Rabbit Hole. 

I also think that the Rabbit Hole kind of blocks off a huge amount of access to the flags and the sign. It does this because it somehow managed to squeeze itself into the last useable slope before it gets too steep to use. Apt really.  The slope kills us all.

All foot traffic currently has to squeeze between BBC and Rabbit Hole (with the amazing Tree House cafe in between) and the ground there doesn’t take it very well.

Therefore if there was a way of opening up the tipi park as a new venue, and providing a new route to the sign and ensuring the Rabbit Hole somehow maintains its services then it’s a good idea  

Edited by ian the worm

6 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Didn't they have an escalator at Boomtown a few years ago? 

They had a travelator.  You could pay a tenner to ride it for the duration.  Nice idea but it was quicker to walk, the Hippy Highway isn't that steep or long and the thing kept sticking due to multiple fat spangled riders.

Their better idea a year or so later was a waterslide down from the top of the bowl to Downtown. Unsurprisingly H+S decided it wasn't such a good idea and would seriously affect the casualty figures.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I saw Caitlin Moran stagger out of it one year which bears this out, but don't the BBC team also stay there?

Don’t know about BBC I’m afraid. I’d be surprised if they were in a Tipi as there is no let up from the surroundings. Better for partying than the likes of Dermot, Jo and Marc.

Some that stay there are actually quite nice to be fair.

2 hours ago, king_oxymoron said:

Very happy with Janelle!

Not had a chance to listen back, can someone please help with the Twin Atlantic chat? Someone said they'd been announced, them someone said they didn't hear it... any clarity, please? Would be a nice daytime watch for me. 

I listened and assumed the poster here was joking. 

• Upvote 1