Emily interview

dccool

i think it's a fab booking, I'd love to see her but I'm thinking she's probably Sunday and I have always wanted to see The Cure at Glastonbury (and wouldn't miss Macca if it's the other way around Sat/Sun). However, against The Cure she'll get a massive massive crowd (I wonder if in lieu of a high-up Pyramid spot, she was promised she wasn't up against Macca) and I'm sure it will be one of those sets talked about for eons after like her 2011 was. 

For those on the past few pages saying "I don't know of her", I think I previously shared this article on here earlier this year when it came out, but it's one of the best things I've read on her and a good primer to find out all about here. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/19/magazine/how-janelle-monae-found-her-voice.html

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

The Archandroid album is full of pop belters

7FF12A5C-790D-44F8-9470-D9EDC343714C.jpeg.b95db3f588f4b491229d5a25eabcb549.jpeg

Also, here’s a bit of the last time she played West Holts

Thanks for this Mardy. Amazing! Amazing performance. A total Glastonbury moment right there. I was watching Elbow so missed this. Which I don't regret but also do. If she clashes with Macca (if he plays), I'm watching Macca. If she clashes with Stormzy or The Cure (if Cure play) then I will have some serious thinking to do...!

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Does she still have a big band?  Part of the magic of the 2011 show was the scale of it - like an old sixties soul revue taken through a timewarp.

Doesn’t sound like it, but Simon Price was full of it

https://thequietus.com/articles/25283-janelle-monae-live-review

59 minutes ago, sime said:

Thanks for this Mardy. Amazing! Amazing performance. A total Glastonbury moment right there. I was watching Elbow so missed this. Which I don't regret but also do. If she clashes with Macca (if he plays), I'm watching Macca. If she clashes with Stormzy or The Cure (if Cure play) then I will have some serious thinking to do...!

I saw her in a tent at Coachella she was so good, played an extra 10 minutes and crowd surfed too. I'd have some thinking to do for whoever I think.

Looking at setlists gutted to see that only tightrope is getting played regularly off archandroid . 

Where are faster, dance or die, and Cold War? Absolute bangers 

Appreciate she is touring her new album but the setlists look short too.  

Do we think she would roll out the tour setlist or get a bit longer for WH headliner? 1h15 - 1hr 30 maybe?

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Boomers on Glasto Facebook, pissed on sherry, thrashing shirtless about their giant detached houses and screaming to their spouses about Janelle Monae being booked instead of Richard Ashcroft.

Are they the parents who can't control their kid's parties? You know, the entitled snowflakes v the gammon.

This could become something, a film about different musical tastes, I'm think efestiphenia as a working title.

Oh wait....

5 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

So, is it most likely it's this Tipi field directly above the Park that's going to be moved to create more space, as opposed to the main Tipi fields?

Tipis.jpg

No. i think it's the other main (hired) tipi field as this is the one next to the BBC studio. Be interested to see where they go. Have stayed in the tipis a few times and one of the main draws was the great location. 

Hard to say really. She said “the park has got something new next to it where the tipis previously were, really near to the BBC presentation area, so there gonna be a whole area there”. Could be either, the main Tipi area is more substantial for an all new area but then the other Tipis are nearer the Park.

I’d go for the main Tipi area.