First time with a 9 month old baby

I feel like Pablo

Hi! 

I’ve been to glastonbury 6 times previously but this will* be the first time going with my daughter who will be 9 months old. we’ve historically always arrived on site on the wednesday early - last year we actually arrived at 10pm on tuesday evening - i swear more and more people do this every year there were loads of us in 2017.  

anyway this year we will be deviating from our usual pennard hill to one of the family camping areas, were thinking probably cockmill. i’m just wondering what time would be best to arrive in order to get an ok enough spot? as might be a bit harder for myself and husband to queue through the night with the baby.

it says they fill up quickly but is it like pennard hill quick? if anyone whos done it before has any advice at all it would be gratefully received.

we’re open to camping elsewhere as long as it’s on the quieter side of things for bubs :)  

*assuming we get resale tickets. i can’t let myself believe we won’t get them

Hey - congrats on the new addition!

Cockmill fills up very soon. One of the first fields to fill north of the railway line. I think it has been full by late morning in recent years. That means you'll need to be in the queue pronto-pronto on the Wed morning. Same boat as me. We're bringing both of ours (5 and 8 ) this year and will be aiming to be parked by 7-7.30am in the purple carpark where poss.

hi :) thank you. 

thank you so much for the insight! parked up by 7ish sounds very doable for us so we will aim for that. we have only ever used gate d and parked in yellow or orange in previous years so also have the new experience of starting from an unfamiliar position and driving a different route to usual to add to the adventure! 

1 hour ago, I feel like Pablo said:

hi :) thank you. 

thank you so much for the insight! parked up by 7ish sounds very doable for us so we will aim for that. we have only ever used gate d and parked in yellow or orange in previous years so also have the new experience of starting from an unfamiliar position and driving a different route to usual to add to the adventure! 

Parking in Orange w/small kid aiming for Cockmill is a bad idea. Would also strongly recommend a sling for that morning hike as opposed to a buggy. Have done 5 Glastos with kids under 3. Sling is essential when theyre that small.

oh yeah - definitely not the one! the new experience will be parking in blue and using a new gate for the first time! 

ah yes sling is a good shout, i was planning to take my lovely new tula :) but also some kind of off-road buggy/wagon thing mostly for stuff are there any you would recommend in particular? do you take anything like this? 

thank you again 

32 minutes ago, I feel like Pablo said:

oh yeah - definitely not the one! the new experience will be parking in blue and using a new gate for the first time! 

ah yes sling is a good shout, i was planning to take my lovely new tula :) but also some kind of off-road buggy/wagon thing mostly for stuff are there any you would recommend in particular? do you take anything like this? 

thank you again 

Ha! Had a very sleepy 2 1/2 year old in a Tula for the duration of the Stones! Ear defenders and a Tula = happy baba and Daddy.

We've had mixed success with buggies/carts. If it is muddy forget about it. For the past couple (dry) Irish fests we've had something like the below however.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Duty-Steel-350kg-Waterproof-Festival-Cart-Camping-Truck-Garden-Trolley-/222571112729

• 1 month later...

Wicket ground is another family camping area . We camp in lime kiln next to this area and it alwYs seems to fill up quite slowly with spaces available on Thursday . Bit of a walk from car parks but it looks secure, got toilets etc and food outlets close by. The other camping close by such as lime kiln and hitchin hill are relatively quiet so no issues for kids . The only problem might be the walk to the kids zone, you would have to go through the jpand pyramid fields to get there. 

Remember the kidz field, NCT bus for baby baths, advice and a chill out area. Slings are good, many years of doing this, leave stuff in the car and make the odd trip back to take dirty stuff back and collect new things. Food for a 9 month old is tricky to find so take more than you need. Get in as early as you can on the Wed for a place in Cockmill!

8 minutes ago, Lycra said:

From your negative comments on another baby thread I take it you disapprove of babies being taken to festivals?

Oh that's really sad that person feels that way. I know my daughter will absolutely love Glastonbury festival, but it's nice they took the  time to  give  me their opinion on my decision as her mother to take her. 

On 1/6/2019 at 4:55 PM, I feel like Pablo said:

Hi! 

I’ve been to glastonbury 6 times previously but this will* be the first time going with my daughter who will be 9 months old. we’ve historically always arrived on site on the wednesday early - last year we actually arrived at 10pm on tuesday evening - i swear more and more people do this every year there were loads of us in 2017.  

anyway this year we will be deviating from our usual pennard hill to one of the family camping areas, were thinking probably cockmill. i’m just wondering what time would be best to arrive in order to get an ok enough spot? as might be a bit harder for myself and husband to queue through the night with the baby.

it says they fill up quickly but is it like pennard hill quick? if anyone whos done it before has any advice at all it would be gratefully received.

we’re open to camping elsewhere as long as it’s on the quieter side of things for bubs :)  

*assuming we get resale tickets. i can’t let myself believe we won’t get them

hope you  get tickets

if you do when you are getting in , if there is a queue , make yourself known to a steward, they normally direct you to the front of the queue if you have a small one with you and it's a big queue and raining or really hot. 

last year we got there at 11 am and the queue was terrible, my friend had his small daughter and was struggling with all the gear and her. a ;lovely steward came along and told him to go round to the front

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 4:34 PM, shuttlep said:

hope you  get tickets

if you do when you are getting in , if there is a queue , make yourself known to a steward, they normally direct you to the front of the queue if you have a small one with you and it's a big queue and raining or really hot. 

last year we got there at 11 am and the queue was terrible, my friend had his small daughter and was struggling with all the gear and her. a ;lovely steward came along and told him to go round to the front

Thank you so much! I hope so too. Thank you for the advice hopefully a kindly steward takes pity on me haha