Thom Yorke 2019

Madyaker

Yeah the Suspiria soundtrack went down well and the new album is excellent as well so I guess that’s raised his profile slightly. West Holts headliner seems like a good fit. It’s him and Nigel Godrich usually and they won’t do any Radiohead stuff. He has plenty of solo material to fill a full set anyway. He’d probably have a huge crowd until all the morons realize he isn’t going to play Creep and go somewhere else.

Edited by Madyaker

4 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Yeah the Suspiria soundtrack went down well and the new album is excellent as well so I guess that’s raised his profile slightly. West Holts headliner seems like a good fit. It’s him and Nigel Godrich usually and they won’t do any Radiohead stuff. He has plenty of solo material to fill a full set anyway. He’d probably have a huge crowd until all the morons realize he isn’t going to play Creep and go somewhere else.

I left a bit early when I saw them in Manchester last year. But I've watched a few recent You Tubes and it looks like it's easier to listen to. So if I get a ticket I might go to see him.

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

So we can pretty much confirm Thom for this; can’t we? ?  His Roskilde/Opener shows line up perfectly for Glasto.

If he's doing festivals around the time then it certainly bodes well, and with Anima he's finally got a solo album under his belt that would actually interest me to see live, although as he's probably a stage headliner or nothing he'd undoubtedly just get lost amongst some clash - can't imagine many scenarios where he'd be my #1 choice to finish a night with, personally. 

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If he's doing festivals around the time then it certainly bodes well, and with Anima he's finally got a solo album under his belt that would actually interest me to see live, although as he's probably a stage headliner or nothing he'd undoubtedly just get lost amongst some clash - can't imagine many scenarios where he'd be my #1 choice to finish a night with, personally. 

I can’t imagine many scenario’s where I’d skip him.

Saw him at Down The Rabbit Hole this year and is was fantastic. Probably the best festival performance I’ve seen all year. And I’ve been to quite a few festivals this year.

14 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I can’t imagine many scenario’s where I’d skip him.

Saw him at Down The Rabbit Hole this year and is was fantastic. Probably the best festival performance I’ve seen all year. And I’ve been to quite a few festivals this year.

I stumbled across Tamino at Rock Werchter this year - that new band, Colin Greenwood's in . I'd just finished watching The 1975, on this massive stage and I was hanging around The Barn Stage. I was refilling my water bottle and I looked up and there was this band on one of the really big fancy screens, they have there. So I sauntered over, because they sounded really good. I watched the whole set,  on this screen, while wandering around sitting in the shade and that. It was over 30C and they had these weird, misty, water cannons. Then I noticed the inside of the Barn Stage enclave, as I looked in, to my surprise and utter astonishment, there was Colin Greenwood from Radiohead!!! Playing his Bass guitar!!!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Little Andy said:

If he's playing then I need to pray to all the gods that the resales go well for me! Wasn't there a rumour some weeks back he's headlining West Holts?

Yes there was! Ah lads I really hope it happens next year, I was sickened when he wasn't any of the TBAs this year.

Don't think he'd be too precious about a headline slot on any of the stages.  I saw him solo at Latitude a few years ago when he did a 'special' Sunday lunchtime set (which may still be a 'thing' at Latitude, for all I know).  He was on really good form then too.

Could be perfect for a similar 'special 50th' slot somewhere on site?

24 minutes ago, BluePaul said:

Don't think he'd be too precious about a headline slot on any of the stages.  I saw him solo at Latitude a few years ago when he did a 'special' Sunday lunchtime set (which may still be a 'thing' at Latitude, for all I know).  He was on really good form then too.

Could be perfect for a similar 'special 50th' slot somewhere on site?

Did you see his secret set at Latitude 2015? Was just after his surprise guest appearance with Portishead. 

2 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Did you see his secret set at Latitude 2015? Was just after his surprise guest appearance with Portishead. 

No, stopped going to Latitude after 2014.  It was getting a little bit too "East Anglian Sixth Formers post A-Level party time" for this old man!