Excitement buildings :)

Crazyfool01

Its great to see the forums starting to get busy again after the quiet days of the fallow year ..... what is the one thing that gets the excitement levels ramping up for you ? for me its the map and what changes they have made over the break of the fallow year ... I love to see the site evolving year on year :) 

To actually answer the threads question - This is the best time of year. Most major festivals have started releasing lineups and you can really start to figure out who is around and guess who is going to be at Glasto (or any other fests). Probably just the festival nerd in me that loves it this way, but it makes making fake lineups more challenging!

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Its great to see the forums starting to get busy again after the quiet days of the fallow year ..... what is the one thing that gets the excitement levels ramping up for you ? for me its the map and what changes they have made over the break of the fallow year ... I love to see the site evolving year on year :) 

Map day this year should be very exciting with the much heralded site changes. Looking forward to new planning opportunities!

7 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Map day this year should be very exciting with the much heralded site changes. Looking forward to new planning opportunities!

map day it is for me ... especially with the se corner changes and Arcadia disappearing in its current form ... can't remember if there were significant changes after the last fallow year .... maybe drainage infrastructure ... I'm sure someone will know ...:) 

15 minutes ago, dccool said:

Gonna get super excited on "map day" see what's new what's moved what's missing God I can't wait for that day!

Anyone know when the map has been released in previous years I seem to think after the poster lineup?

https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/the-thingy.html

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

map day it is for me ... especially with the se corner changes and Arcadia disappearing in its current form ... can't remember if there were significant changes after the last fallow year .... maybe drainage infrastructure ... I'm sure someone will know ...:) 

The big change after the last fallow year was arcadia moving west and making way for glasto latino.

I think most of the south east corner got changed around a bit with the common getting more space and it might of been the first year of the temple made from some old canal lock gates.

Shangri La changed its theme from the spaceport to the next chapter which was heaven and hell so that area could change quite a bit for 2019 given the fallow year gives them more time to plan.

I think i spend just as much time looking at the map and webcam when the build starts than the line-up.

I'm know most of you on here remember all the changes but i couldn't resist posting when i thought about new map day. ?

Edited by bucko
  • Upvote 1

I'm getting impatient. I need more info!! Coachella's (weird) lineup release gave me a tingle and I'm already excited for the Bonnaroo lineup on Tuesday. I will get more excited when it seems like a lineup for a fesival is dropped every few days. I like to know who is where so I can speculate about Glasto. 

Fallow years are tough man. My heart aches for people who didnt manage to get tickets this year. 

4 hours ago, MetaKate said:

I'm getting impatient. I need more info!! Coachella's (weird) lineup release gave me a tingle and I'm already excited for the Bonnaroo lineup on Tuesday. I will get more excited when it seems like a lineup for a fesival is dropped every few days. I like to know who is where so I can speculate about Glasto. 

Fallow years are tough man. My heart aches for people who didnt manage to get tickets this year. 

I like the fake Coachella posters. Esp: the Cate Blanchett / Men Apologising one.