Cinearmegeddon 2019

poppyh24

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

There's no news on it for 2019, but I'd be surprised if they dumped it after just one year, I think I'm right in saying many of the screenings were sold out?

A Star Is Born must be one on show I'd expect.

I'd be there for that for sure ! If Gaga gets her headline slot it'll be on for sure, surely? It was sold out last year, but loads didn't show when we were there for American Grafitti, felt a bit sad and empty for it... Hope this year they think of a way to get peeps all the way over to the west for it

Hopefully booking slots will be abandoned this year. From anecdotal evidence,  seems lots of people booked a ticket and then no showed. I suppose the other side of that coin is leaving it open means you might get people dipping in and out for 15 minutes for 'the experience' which would ruin it for people who want to watch a film and constantly have to put up with people coming in and out.

Perhaps half available to book and half available on the day?

8 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Hopefully booking slots will be abandoned this year. From anecdotal evidence,  seems lots of people booked a ticket and then no showed. I suppose the other side of that coin is leaving it open means you might get people dipping in and out for 15 minutes for 'the experience' which would ruin it for people who want to watch a film and constantly have to put up with people coming in and out.

Perhaps half available to book and half available on the day?

Fingers crossed they do that, we were camped so close and never bothered going because of the booking system. I find it hard enough to make it to my roast dinner at the Rocket Diner that I pay in advance for. Made it to one and missed the one i booked in 2016. (got the option of a helicopter ride around the festival site so no regrets :) )

2 hours ago, zico martin said:

Loved the look and idea of this place but the fact you need to book a slot in advance makes it unworkable to me. Perhaps if it went on all night I could imagine us watching a film/ having a snooze after the party finishes!

This 1000x. I've no intention of watching a full film at Glastonbury and I'm certainly not going to book to sit in a car for a bit.

I might check it out for 30 mins if I'm in the area.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

I didn't visit last year, and can't say I'm chomping at the bit for next year, either. It's a combination of being a bit out of the way, and the feeling that I didn't go to Glastonbury to watch a film.

I thought similar but released that I dont go to Glastonbury to dance to some cheesy music coming from a speaker on a food stand but it kind of just happens :) ..... so yes it would be better with an element of spontaneity 

On 30 December 2018 at 5:14 PM, kalifire said:

I didn't visit last year, and can't say I'm chomping at the bit for next year, either. It's a combination of being a bit out of the way, and the feeling that I didn't go to Glastonbury to watch a film.

Yep it's definitely out of the way.. Felt like a strange place to have it... Would be better over by the theatre / Pilton Palais side but no room over there for it ... Was a heck of a trek over to it

I went up there during an early afternoon Sunday ramble around the whole site (I do that every year). I loved all the cool old cars. There was a cinema tent playing an old black and white film which was good to watch for a bit while having a sit down.

Much later, around 2am I went back and snuck into a car and sat in the driving seat while old cartoons and then Apocalypse Now played. At one point a random young lady popped into the back seat. We had a really good chat and swapped snacks while half watching the movie. It was a really great little Glastonbury moment. Hope it returns.

30 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Was it shown last time? Ah rats! I only got time for a wander round, didn’t see any films etc 

You can see what they had on below...

http://clashfinder.com/m/g2017/

I also went there for a wander during the day, thought it looked great, but couldn't quite drag myself away from the other stages when things were going on to go and watch a film, but then I've mostly been that way about other cinema tents and stages over the years. 

Edited by clarkete
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Was it shown last time? Ah rats! I only got time for a wander round, didn’t see any films etc 

Yeah, it was after all the bands as well. We saw Mad Max on the Friday and Withnail & I on the Thursday (I think). The new Bumblebee film could be a good one to show this year if we're going for a car theme.

Was a great little area! Only went during the day when nothing was showing. Security was a bit much though- managed a photo in a car before they made us get out. Nothing else was happening so no idea what the issue with sitting in the cars was..