Soundtrack Help for Road Trip

H.M.V

Hi all, I know at this time of the year its quiet round here but there have been a lot of reflection posts. I also know how you love sharing music and lists. 

So I am here to ask for help. We are about to do a European roadtrip so some drives will be 6-7 hours. Thankfully not a lot. 

Which brings me to my point. I wondered if I could prevail upon you for some assistance with good sound tracks. Was thinking titles something along the lines like

* Driving through the Alps - oh witness the majesty (Norwegian wood, Philip Glass..)

* Driving on the Motorway near Milan - oh witness the horror, why are you swerving you lunatic

* In Fucking Brudges

* Funky Mutha ( Craig Charles Set) 

* Rock out Mutha - QOTSA good guide line here. Fuck off Gnomicide. 

* Disco Babee ( Serious dose of Abba and Kylie) 

* Obvs @Brave Sir Robin

* The chillax vibe - think Turin Breaks, Kings of Conv and Sugarcubes. 

* Been here long enough to know no list ends before the obligatory Pablo Honey. :D 

Well despite being blacklisted, at great personal expense and lengthy conjugation, I've prepared a list compiled of one song per category. 

*Driving through the Alps - oh witness the majesty

Angelo Badalamenti - Twin Peaks Theme

* Driving on the Motorway near Milan - oh witness the horror

At The Drive In - One Armed Scissor 

* In Fucking Brudges

Paul Simon - Late In The Evening

Little Steven & The Diciples of Soul - Down And Out In New York City 

* Rock out Mutha

The Hold Steady - Your Little Hoodrat Friend

St Paul & The Broken Bones - GotItBad

* Obvs @Brave Sir Robin

Mik Artistik's Ego Trip - Sweet Leaf of The North

* The chillax vibe - think Turin Breaks, Kings of Conv and Sugarcubes. 

Craig Finn - God In Chicago

* Been here long enough to know no list ends before the obligatory Pablo Honey.  

Track 9 - Prove Yourself

Knock yourself out...

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Well despite being blacklisted, at great personal expense and lengthy conjugation, I've prepared a list compiled of one song per category. 

*Driving through the Alps - oh witness the majesty

Angelo Badalamenti - Twin Peaks Theme

* Driving on the Motorway near Milan - oh witness the horror

At The Drive In - One Armed Scissor 

* In Fucking Brudges

Paul Simon - Late In The Evening

Little Steven & The Diciples of Soul - Down And Out In New York City 

* Rock out Mutha

The Hold Steady - Your Little Hoodrat Friend

St Paul & The Broken Bones - GotItBad

* Obvs @Brave Sir Robin

Mik Artistik's Ego Trip - Sweet Leaf of The North

* The chillax vibe - think Turin Breaks, Kings of Conv and Sugarcubes. 

Craig Finn - God In Chicago

* Been here long enough to know no list ends before the obligatory Pablo Honey.  

Track 9 - Prove Yourself

Knock yourself out...

? Thanks Gnommy. x

I've driven across some of Europe, France, Belgium,  Germany,  Switzerland  and the Alps, always liked listening to local radio stations. Never now what you're gonna get but always laughed and often been very impressed. You'll hear new stuff and if your language skills are good enough you may even know who you're listening to.  ?

Edited by mashedonmud

15 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Autobahn by Kraftwerk on loop

That's a no from me. I am not a Kraftwerk fan. Controversial I know but just not my cuppa. Gonna be trying to avoid the autobahn where we can to make it more interesting. Will be giving it a go in Germany though to see how fast you can actually go. 

On 12/28/2018 at 11:52 PM, H.M.V said:

Hi all, I know at this time of the year its quiet round here but there have been a lot of reflection posts. I also know how you love sharing music and lists. 

So I am here to ask for help. We are about to do a European roadtrip so some drives will be 6-7 hours. Thankfully not a lot. 

Which brings me to my point. I wondered if I could prevail upon you for some assistance with good sound tracks. Was thinking titles something along the lines like

* Driving through the Alps - oh witness the majesty (Norwegian wood, Philip Glass..)

* Driving on the Motorway near Milan - oh witness the horror, why are you swerving you lunatic

* In Fucking Brudges

* Rock out Mutha - QOTSA good guide line here. Fuck off Gnomicide. 

* Obvs @Brave Sir Robin

* The chillax vibe - think Turin Breaks, Kings of Conv and Sugarcubes. 

* Been here long enough to know no list ends before the obligatory Pablo Honey. :D 

I can't believe you actually had nine items in the list and still used bullet points.

ABBA are indeed great for driving. Voulez Vouz is my favourite for the road. Also, get Yeti to dig out some of his breakbeats.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I can't believe you actually had nine items in the list and still used bullet points.

ABBA are indeed great for driving. Voulez Vouz is my favourite for the road. Also, get Yeti to dig out some of his breakbeats.

Abba added but who's rattled your pedant cage and whats wrong with bullet points?? Yes I know that sentence is going to annoy you. :P

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I had Dirtchamber Sessions and Loops of Fury on in the car today.  Alas it was Asda, not the Alps though.