Camden Rocks 2019

berger55

The stage times have been announced!!! 

Some of the clashes are brutal for me like Random Hand/Skinny Lister but around 5-6 on the Sunday is mental with Discharge/Saint Agnes/Mutant Monster/Ratboy/Towers Of London/Tokyo Taboo all clashing. There's a lack of alternatives for Frank Turner on the Sat so I can see that being rammed. 

Camden-Rocks-Festival-2019-Stage-Times-S

Camden-Rocks-Festival-2019-Stage-Times-S

Also if you want to see Pigeon Detectives or Deaf Havana in the tiny Boot Room you will need to enter the comp.

I've done my clashfinder and there's so many bands I'm gonna miss and still can't decide between. My days are looking like this;

Sat;

Mess>[spunge]>The Men That Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing>Weekend Recovery>Milk Teeth/The Soap Girls >Riskee And The Ridicule/Black Futures> Millie Manders And The Shutup >Funeral Shakes>The Pretty Vicious>Frank Turner> The Brandy Thieves 

Sun;

Soap Girls>Oxygen Thief>Muffin Heads>Rews>Cruel Hearts Club>Raging Speedhorn>Mutant Monster/Saint Agnes/Discharge>Ash/Ruts DC>Hands Off Gretel/Sonic Boom 6> Random Hand/Skinny Lister

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:34 PM, DomDom1984 said:

Extremely interested to see who's headlining Camden Assembly on the Saturday.

It's Deadcuts, one of Pete Doherty's mates bands. They have also added Towers Of London & Mutant Monster to Sat in addition to the Sunday. Pretty Vicious have dropped out too with the Blinders replacing them.

Not long now !:) I'm hoping with the streets aren't gonna be rammed on the Sat with the usual party night crowd plus Champs League final on.

I'm still stuck with my clashes;

[spunge] vs Mutant Monster

Soap Girls vs Milk Teeth

Black Futures vs Riskee & The Ridicule

Frank Turner vs Towers Of London

Discharge vs Towers Of London vs Mutant Monster vs Rat Boy vs Saint Agnes

Sonic Boom 6 vs Hands Off Gretel vs Ferocious Dog

Skinny Lister vs Random Hand

On 5/30/2019 at 12:26 PM, jump said:

Frank Turner gave an interview talking about Camden Rocks and mentioned he's planning an encore set with other musicians doing punk rock covers. There's a few Xtra mile folk on the line up like Skinny Lister, Sean McGowan etc who I'm expecting to be the ones to make the numbers up.

https://www.loudersound.com/features/frank-turner-why-camden-rocks

I think that's tipped me over the edge but it's a shame that I will have to miss Towers of London.  The encore may not go ahead but it should be a good set anyway.  

On 5/30/2019 at 10:24 AM, jump said:

Not long now !:) I'm hoping with the streets aren't gonna be rammed on the Sat with the usual party night crowd plus Champs League final on.

I'm still stuck with my clashes;

[spunge] vs Mutant Monster

Soap Girls vs Milk Teeth

Black Futures vs Riskee & The Ridicule

Frank Turner vs Towers Of London

Discharge vs Towers Of London vs Mutant Monster vs Rat Boy vs Saint Agnes

Sonic Boom 6 vs Hands Off Gretel vs Ferocious Dog

Skinny Lister vs Random Hand

These are all my clashes too... that Mutant Monster/Saint Agnes/Tokyo Taboo +others timeslot is brutal.  I think I'll have to go to Mutant Monster as I've seen Saint Agnes on tour and I might be able to catch some Tokyo Taboo beforehand.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 9:11 PM, loafcrosse said:

I think that's tipped me over the edge but it's a shame that I will have to miss Towers of London.  The encore may not go ahead but it should be a good set anyway.  

These are all my clashes too... that Mutant Monster/Saint Agnes/Tokyo Taboo +others timeslot is brutal.  I think I'll have to go to Mutant Monster as I've seen Saint Agnes on tour and I might be able to catch some Tokyo Taboo beforehand.

I'm not sure you will be able to get from Lyttleton Arms and Black Heart that quickly to make it worth it tho.

I came out of Good Mixer after Funeral Shakes and saw across the road the line for the Electric Ballroom was massive so I decided to not even bother trying to get in for Frank Turner and saw Queen Zee and a bit of Towers Of London instead.

Great first day, Millie Manders was the stand out for me.

Edited by jump

On 6/2/2019 at 5:52 AM, jump said:

I'm not sure you will be able to get from Lyttleton Arms and Black Heart that quickly to make it worth it tho.

I came out of Good Mixer after Funeral Shakes and saw across the road the line for the Electric Ballroom was massive so I decided to not even bother trying to get in for Frank Turner and saw Queen Zee and a bit of Towers Of London instead.

Great first day, Millie Manders was the stand out for me.

It worked out okay... caught 25 minutes or so of Mutant Monster.  I thought the exact same thing after leaving Funeral Shakes, that was for Wheatus right?  I didn't think Wheatus would be that popular.  So I went to Towers of London but had no problems getting in to see the end of Frank Turner, the encore was pretty decent. 

Had a great Sunday evening, just stayed in FEST for the last 3 acts, all were brilliant.  Agree that Millie Manders were the highlight of Saturday.  Without Koko the LytteltonArms feels too disjointed from the rest of the fesvial.

Edited by loafcrosse

17 minutes ago, loafcrosse said:

It worked out okay... caught 25 minutes or so of Mutant Monster.  I thought the exact same thing after leaving Funeral Shakes, that was for Wheatus right?  I didn't think Wheatus would be that popular.  So I went to Towers of London but had no problems getting in to see the end of Frank Turner, the encore was pretty decent. 

Had a great Sunday evening, just stayed in FEST for the last 3 acts, all were brilliant.  Agree that Millie Manders were the highlight of Saturday.  Without Koko the LytteltonArms feels too disjointed from the rest of the fesvial.

Wheatus aren't big but that I listen to Iron Maiden song is though.

I did the same and went to Fest for SB6 and Random Hand at the end of the night. SB6 were fun but I kinda got buyers remorse and wished I went to see Hands Off Gretel instead after finding out they are supporting Bosstones later this month.

Yeah it's odd without Koko, back in the days of The Camden Crawl it linked better with venues like Purple Turtle around that way too. I think Crescent Coffee next to Mornington Crescent was apart of it last year too.