Camden Rocks 2019

berger55

• 4 weeks later...

Looks decent already, but it really depends on how the line up/splits come together. Milk Teeth, Raging Speedhorn, Ash and Ginger are hooking me and I'd recommend Funeral Shakes, Riskee & The Ridicule and Hands Off Gretel from the lesser known acts.

I wonder if they will ever get the Roundhouse added too like how the old Camden Crawl did.

Edited by jump

• 3 weeks later...

I've just noticed Towers Of London have been sneaked onto the line up. Despite their reputation of being complete twats I found them really fun last year.

I'm guessing Random Hand will be on at Underworld. They are the record holder for the band that has played there the most and were forced to change venues from Underworld a few weeks ago on their reunion/comeback tour.

Ooh, Millie Manders And The Shutup are playing too! I've been meaning to see them for awhile :)

Edited by jump

9 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Is there a big headliner that likely for the other day?

I wouldn't expect anyone the size of Frank Turner to be added to the Sunday, tbh I'm not even sure it's gonna be Frank Turner and The Sleeping Souls as it may just be him doing an acoustic solo show rather than the full band.

I can see Ash and Wonder Stuff be the Sunday headliners for Koko and Electric Ballroom, I can also see them not being the headliners, it's a really tricky festival for big acts. I'd expect someone is left to be announced as the Underworld headliner (unless Ratboy is headlining it), they have had people like Skindred and Sikth headline it in the past so I'd expect similar this year.

Edited by jump

• 3 weeks later...

The Sunday headliners are being announced today at 6pm. They have ruled out Kate Tempest and The Wildhearts on twitter.

I will take a punt on one of Frank Carter, Peter Hook, Killing Joke, Razorlight, and Slaves who seem to be about this summer.

Edited by jump

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

From memory, weren't they one of the headliners a year or three back?

Anyway, it's not them. 

You're thinking of Camden Crawl which was basically the same festival but the promoter went bankrupt and a few years later the idea was revived as Camden Rocks.  

I don't suppose you want to give a clue to whom the headliner is?

Edited by jump

Same here, if I'm at a fest and they are playing I may check them out even tho they aren't normally someone I'd go out of my way to see. So I'm assuming they are at Koko and Ash will be Electric Ballroom with either Ratboy or Random Hand headlining Underworld.

Red Rum Club and Strange Bones have been added too, they are decent bands.

• 2 weeks later...

They've announced some more acts! Undead Raisins/Hundred Reasons, Luna Bay, Ruts DC and Glamour OF The Kill are the bigger names added.

I'm hoping for the stage splits soon, I know there's gonna be a load of clashes/having to jump between venues nowhere near each other so I'd rather know now. Especially with The Men That Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing so I could try getting tixs for one of their own shows.

• 2 weeks later...

Some more bands have been announced Novaclub (side project of some of the guys from Bloc Party), Pigeon Detectives (added to the Friday which was lacking at bit for "name" acts besides Turner),  Skarlett Riot who I thought were playing already as they're there yearly, The Dunts, Dead Label, Lost In Stereo and some more bands who I don't recognize.

On Sat (as long I can fit them in) I'm hoping to catch Millie Manders, Soap Girls, Riskee & The Ridicule, Frank Turner, Milk Teeth and The Men That Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing as my must sees. Nervous and Frank Turner are playing the same day and they have been arguing with each other recently over the name Mongol Horde so it will be interesting to see if Nervous turn their set into a bitchy rant.

On Sun I'm really hoping to see Random Hand, Sonic Boom 6, Hands Off Gretel (who I'm seeing tomorrow :) ) Raging Speedhorn, Discharge, Tokyo Taboo, Ash, Ratboy and Ruts DC. I've got a feeling the will be stringing together the ska punk acts (SB6, Random Hand, Ruts ect) against the hardcore stuff of Raging Speedhorn, Discharge etc at different venues which will be annoying.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:58 PM, sedra said:

So how does Camden Rocks work? Do you just have to queue and there there early at a venue to see a headliner??? 

If there is someone who's a must see for you then it's probably best to see the band before to be safe but I've never had to queue to get into a venue for any act. I will imagine Frank Turner will be rammed though, Saturday doesn't seem to have a great selection of headliners against him compared to Sunday which seems more spread out. 

I'm not sure if it's changed or not but it use to be half of the total capacity of all the venues so there's a lot of wiggle room at the individual venues.

The Sunday is getting ridiculous now, they have added Ferocious Dog & A in as well. Normally I end up seeing 10/11 bands but there's already 15 bands I want to see and another 10 I want to check out on Sunday, and there are meatier names too so I doubt they will be spread out throughout the day.

Edited by jump

• 2 weeks later...

The dripping of stage times has started. Nothing in theory clashes so far but I will have to jump from Electric Ballroom to the Monarch and then Lyttleton Arms in the space of an hour and all of which are the opposite ends on Camden so I'm certain I will have to the miss the start and ends of those acts.

Also I highly recommend Black Futures who are playing the Saturday, I saw them the other night supporting Frank Carter and they were arguably the better of the two!