Beazus

Hey,

I just won VIP upgrades to Reading Festival 2019 (yaaaaay). Was wondering is VIP the same as guest tickets or is there any more perks?

Anyone been VIP before would like to share their experiences? Such as what the camping/toilets/bar is like?

Do you actually get to meet many of the bands just walking around backstage?

4 hours ago, Beazus said:

Hey,

I just won VIP upgrades to Reading Festival 2019 (yaaaaay). Was wondering is VIP the same as guest tickets or is there any more perks?

Anyone been VIP before would like to share their experiences? Such as what the camping/toilets/bar is like?

you don't get to go 'backstage'. You do get access to the backstage hospitality area, where it's unusual for any of the bands to hang out (tho occasionally some do).

If you see anyone famous it's most likely to be z-list celebs who've blagged a ticket like yours.

• 6 months later...

Managed to blag a pair through work last year. You're not backstage with the bands but in a hospitality area to the right hand side of the main stage. 

There are toilets, a big bar in a Marquee with a very small queue (that had a DJ that played til 2am!) and food stalls in there, plus loads of benches to sit on which is great!

We didn't camp, just went there for 2 of the 3 days so can't comment on the camping situation!

It's just lovely not being around the litter and the endless drunken/high kids that seem to be everywhere at reading!

Not much shade in there though, wear suncream!

Enjoy! 

Edited by RjAxx

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 2:04 AM, Beazus said:

Hey,

its really the same thing - although Reading VIP/Guest area may also contain other ' Promotional Bars ' that require a specific invite - for a few years 'Levi Strauss' had a Bar with games machines - the actual pass to get in was a ' Levi Button ' which I presume was being handed out within that VIP/guest area - I am uncertain about that as my Team was running that bar so my Crew pass allowed me in so never really paid attention to anyone handing out invites.

So if you spot people handing things out ' within the VIP/guest area ' it may be a pass to a Promotional Bar - they don't do it every year so impossible to predict if they do it this year.

very unlikely that you will spot many famous people although they do have a interview area where they do the filming. 

I have worked in the VIP/guest bar loads of times but the year that stands out has to be Reading 2000 due to Oasis as they only agreed to play if the VIP/guest bar was closed while they were on stage - that really did upset VIP/guest pass holders but for everyone working in that bar they were well happy.

• 4 years later...
9 hours ago, Beckiedolphinwilkins said:

Hi I have a guest ticket for reading this year. Anyone who has been what is the parking situation please I’m so confused and can’t find any info about it anywhere other than an arrow on a map to show it exists but no way of booking a space or if it is included in my ticket. Really appreciate some answers 

go back to the person who issued the guest ticket and ask if they know.