The Strokes

RarerThanDandyB

1 minute ago, buffy394 said:

What did you think of their Leeds set?

I thought it was distinctly average with Julian messing up timings and lyrics. Serious cba attitude. And im a fan!

I loved it from what I remember, I was absolutely bollocks'd to be fair though

13 minutes ago, buffy394 said:

What did you think of their Leeds set?

I thought it was distinctly average with Julian messing up timings and lyrics. Serious cba attitude. And im a fan!

I thought it was naff, and I was a 16 year old obsessed with The Strokes who at the time thought every gig I went to was amazing, so it must have been bad. Was a similar disappointment to Jack White at Glasto in 2014.

I'd probably see them again in the hope that they're a bit better this time around.

12 hours ago, Divein said:

He’s well connected outside of the beeb and at this stage I doubt many, if anyone knows at the BBC who’s headlining Glastonbury.  

I would say he’s heard it from someone he knows and is just repeating the info just like one of us would. 

If someone at the BBC had told him, it would be 100% true and he wouldn’t have said it as he would have got a slap on the wrist.

errr, didn't a BBC website literally publish the wrong headliner for 2017 seemingly based on rumours online?

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

errr, didn't a BBC website literally publish the wrong headliner for 2017 seemingly based on rumours online?

yup, which only goes to show that if some broadcasting department at the beeb is getting early 'secret' info from Glasto, it's not being shared within the beeb at the obvious places.

(that incident was put down to simple cock-up by the individual involved. It happens).

Edited by eFestivals

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

Could The Strokes be a possible Other stage headliner, or is that too damaging to their rep? As would prefer to see them on that stage than Pyramid tbh

Don't see why they'd accept it. They'd already be acting out of character by taking the lower fee that Glasto pays, and I doubt they'd bother doing that for anything other than Pyramid headline.

Plus all the rumours we've heard about them say they're headlining Pyramid.

22 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I could POSSIBLY see them subbing. They 'co-headlined' when I saw the at Leeds, with Pulp.

Certainly couldn't see Other Stage happening

Would be quite bittersweet if they only got to play for an hour. Sadly, they'd have to cut down massively on the usual 10 from Is This It (yes I know that's evidence that they're overly reliant on an 18 year old album but I've never seen them and it's one of my favourite albums of all time). Can't see it happening mind.

3 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Would be quite bittersweet if they only got to play for an hour. Sadly, they'd have to cut down massively on the usual 10 from Is This It (yes I know that's evidence that they're overly reliant on an 18 year old album but I've never seen them and it's one of my favourite albums of all time). Can't see it happening mind.

Yeah very true. Again, I don't think it would happen, but imagine they did that John Peel slot The Killers did last year. I'd lose my mind

56 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

I imagine they would be a sub that would get 1hr 10