The Strokes

RarerThanDandyB

They deserve a thread. What do people think the chances are for Glastonbury? Been announced for BBK Bilbao and Doctor Music Festival in Spain. They look around near Glastonbury and somebody on eFestivals states someone who works in music promotion has stated its Stormzy, Strokes and Cure. I think they are big enough contrary to what others think. They could do Latitude but as a UK exclusive, I think it would be a good booking for Glastonbury. 

Can't see them being asked to headline Pyramid at all unfortunately. I'd give part of my bollock to see them on the farm. Two phenomenal albums, and a hefty handful of great tracks spread across the rest. AHJ's riffs and solos always make the hairs on my arms and neck stand up.

As I said on Headliner thread, I'm convinced they'd draw a slightly bigger crowd than The Cure, but maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by Stokesy10

Any set I'd be buzzing, can't see a headline slot though. Definitely gonna try see them elsewhere if they don't play Glastonbury. Can't believe what a hard time they're getting on here, one of the most important bands to come out of the 2000's for me without a doubt. The first 4 records are phenomenal, not so much Comedown Machine 

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Hasn't the Bilbao gig been billed as the first show of their comeback?

I'd say the best you can hope for is a secret set, and I don't even think that's likely as secret sets don't pay.

I read it as first announced but I don’t know. I hope it happens but I think your right I doubt they would accept a none paying slot. 

i'd put their chances of headlining at close to nil.

If they're playing Glastonbury I could only see them subbing or headlining the Other stage, assuming their rumoured love of $$$ doesn't get in the way. don't see them doing a secret set at all.

I'd imagine they'll take a few big paying headline slots elsewhere (whether in the UK or not) and get back to doing their own stuff. could imagine The Voidz playing though.

23 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I'd imagine they'll take a few big paying headline slots elsewhere (whether in the UK or not) and get back to doing their own stuff. could imagine The Voidz playing though.

Someone in the headliner thread summed it up nicely when they said The Voidz and AHJ's solo output are the artistic pursuits. The Strokes are just there keep the funds topped up.

3 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I bloody love 'comedown machine', and enjoyed the first album a lot, but have just realised that i have no ideas about the records in between. Anything essential there?

All the albums in between.. in my opinion. Especially the 2nd and 3rd

35 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I bloody love 'comedown machine', and enjoyed the first album a lot, but have just realised that i have no ideas about the records in between. Anything essential there?

Criminally underrated album that, considering they just farted it out due to their record deal. Angles is the only one I wouldn’t rave about. 

57 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Highlights are:

Reptilia, Under Control, Meet Me In The Bathroom (Room On Fire) 

Juicebox, Heart In A Cage, 15 Minutes (First Impressions of Earth) 

Under the Cover of Darkness (Angles) 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Criminally underrated album that, considering they just farted it out due to their record deal. Angles is the only one I wouldn’t rave about. 

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Highlights are:

Reptilia, Under Control, Meet Me In The Bathroom (Room On Fire) 

Juicebox, Heart In A Cage, 15 Minutes (First Impressions of Earth) 

Under the Cover of Darkness (Angles) 

Excellent, going to download them tomorrow and get stuck in. Cheers, both.