Ypsigrock

arteet

5 minutes ago, arteet said:

Dont suppose anyone has been to this previously? Never heard of it before and only looks like a small event but the location and The National being announced makes me quite tempted, although Palermo doesn't seem to have a huge amount of flexibility when it comes to cheap flights.

Ryanair flies to Trapani that is close to Palermo. 

I heard really good things about Ypsirock, also Sicily is lovely. 

46 minutes ago, DDave said:

Ryanair fly to Palermo from Manchester.

Initially looked at Manchester as I am in the North West but they only seem to fly twice a week and the days dont work that well for the festival.

Might try and do it with stay in Cefalu which looks really nice.

Thanks Alan too - I'll look into that.

It's a really nice festival, with a main stage in the main square of the town and other smaller events during the day, but it's in a small ancient town, not really close to the biggest sicilian cities and Sicily is really beautiful but it's not the easier Region to travel in, with a few trains and buses. So if you have time to take a trip around Sicily, it could be great, but if you have a few time to spend, I don't know if it could be the best goal.

2 hours ago, arteet said:

Initially looked at Manchester as I am in the North West but they only seem to fly twice a week and the days dont work that well for the festival.

Might try and do it with stay in Cefalu which looks really nice.

Thanks Alan too - I'll look into that.

I can't help with the flying from UK stuff but I can recommend visiting Cefalu if you are around. You'll probably need a car because public transportation isn't ideal there.