Booking Glasto stalls for private event

WendyWendy

Does anyone know how I’d go about getting in touch with stall holders who I could book for my event in july 2020? I’ve tried on the festival site and google and can’t find contact details for the stalls I’m interested in. I’m thinking particularly of the tea tent that’s just at the entrance to the healing field, the late night chill out tent/tipi? with acoustic guitar and comfy floor seating, stalls that do glitter make up or make flower garlands with real flowers. I’m considering anything that would contribute to a festival vibe. I would LOVE to get the tower from the park stage! We could maybe recreate something smaller. Any ideas for the event would be very welcome. We basically want to have our own tiny mini-glasto as we haven’t been successful in getting tickets for years...

The short answer is that it varies from place to place - you'll have to hunt them down individually, and find their websites and/or facebook pages.

In the case of the Tiny Tea Tent (I think that's who you mean), then they can be contacted via their Website. Not sure exactly which stage you're thinking of, from that description my best guesses would be Small World, Lizard, Coyote Moon, and Ancient Futures but there's others that it could be. There's also quite a few others along the same lines that are at other festivals but not Glastonbury. No idea about the glitter etc stalls but I assume they can be found with enough searching..

Be careful with your budget though - as I understand it (I was told this a long time ago but I assume it's still true), one of the reasons Glastonbury is able to have so many of the relatively tiny stages like the ones mentioned here is that they don't typically get paid by Glastonbury at least not in cash - they essentially get paid in wristbands and the right to run a cafe with 180,000 potential customers. But for an event like you're talking about, the potential customer base is tiny and the wristband not worth anything to them so you'll inevitably have to offer them something to be there and that can mount up very quickly.

The other thing I'd say - if I'm to try and gauge your tastes by the places you mention, I think you might like Shambala a lot - it might be worth giving that a try if you fail in the resale (or even if you succeed).

2 hours ago, incident said:

The short answer is that it varies from place to place - you'll have to hunt them down individually, and find their websites and/or facebook pages.

In the case of the Tiny Tea Tent (I think that's who you mean), then they can be contacted via their Website. Not sure exactly which stage you're thinking of, from that description my best guesses would be Small World, Lizard, Coyote Moon, and Ancient Futures but there's others that it could be. There's also quite a few others along the same lines that are at other festivals but not Glastonbury. No idea about the glitter etc stalls but I assume they can be found with enough searching..

Be careful with your budget though - as I understand it (I was told this a long time ago but I assume it's still true), one of the reasons Glastonbury is able to have so many of the relatively tiny stages like the ones mentioned here is that they don't typically get paid by Glastonbury at least not in cash - they essentially get paid in wristbands and the right to run a cafe with 180,000 potential customers. But for an event like you're talking about, the potential customer base is tiny and the wristband not worth anything to them so you'll inevitably have to offer them something to be there and that can mount up very quickly.

The other thing I'd say - if I'm to try and gauge your tastes by the places you mention, I think you might like Shambala a lot - it might be worth giving that a try if you fail in the resale (or even if you succeed).

Thanks so much for the reply! I will definitely research as you suggest. Yes tiny tea tent is the one I meant. Agree that budget could be a major limiting factor. Best bet is finding companies based nearby that are willing to spare just a few hours I think. Ooh shambala yes!! I’ll be looking into that too. You’re a star! 

Not sure if you have money to burn or not, but it sounds like you've got a fair bit if you are looking in to the stall holders that you mention. Why not save yourself loads of cash and hire a marquee out, sound system out etc? You could even buy a second hand marquee off ebay, use it for the event, and sell it back on ebay after. Then just go on to your local freebies section on something like Gumtree to pick up free settees, arm chairs etc for the marquee. Then just add any frills you think necessary etc. I know that's the way I'd do an event if I had until 2020 to plan it, had the space for it etc. 

13 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Not sure if you have money to burn or not, but it sounds like you've got a fair bit if you are looking in to the stall holders that you mention. Why not save yourself loads of cash and hire a marquee out, sound system out etc? You could even buy a second hand marquee off ebay, use it for the event, and sell it back on ebay after. Then just go on to your local freebies section on something like Gumtree to pick up free settees, arm chairs etc for the marquee. Then just add any frills you think necessary etc. I know that's the way I'd do an event if I had until 2020 to plan it, had the space for it etc. 

Thanks! Getting seating off sites is a great idea. 

• 4 weeks later...