2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

Yeah that Dua Lipa song snatched my wig and cured my depression and acne and all that shit. What a jam.

Thinkin about AotY at the minute and the field is so packed. Consider, if you will, a six sided dice. Charli, Taylor, Carly Rae Jepsen, Kim Petras, Self Esteem and Julia Jacklin each have a side. I'm just rolling it over and over and getting a different AotY each time. Then Caroline Polachek comes along and now the dice is seven sided. FKA Twigs will probably add an eighth side next week and honestly I'm no good at D&D, the decision making it too much.

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

The Guardian calling Michael Kiwanuka's new album 'one of the greatest albums of the decade' 

wow. That's next on my list, its hard to tell without having read the whole review but thats certainly raised expectations a little (which were already high, the guys a G)

43 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

The Guardian calling Michael Kiwanuka's new album 'one of the greatest albums of the decade' 

Cant wait to get on this. 

Any chance he is at Glastonbury again next year? I wasnt there this year.

If the album goes down well I reckon he could sub WH or 3/4 on Other

40 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yeah that Dua Lipa song snatched my wig and cured my depression and acne and all that shit. What a jam.

Thinkin about AotY at the minute and the field is so packed. Consider, if you will, a six sided dice. Charli, Taylor, Carly Rae Jepsen, Kim Petras, Self Esteem and Julia Jacklin each have a side. I'm just rolling it over and over and getting a different AotY each time. Then Caroline Polachek comes along and now the dice is seven sided. FKA Twigs will probably add an eighth side next week and honestly I'm no good at D&D, the decision making it too much.

It's definitely getting close to that time of the year. It's been a weird one, not many that absolutely stand out for me like I had with a few last year, but definitely some good ones in there. Quite surprised there's no Sigrid or Shura in your list tbh :)

1 minute ago, Quark said:

It's definitely getting close to that time of the year. It's been a weird one, not many that absolutely stand out for me like I had with a few last year, but definitely some good ones in there. Quite surprised there's no Sigrid or Shura in your list tbh :)

Do I smell an AOTY thread coming Quark?

2 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Do I smell an AOTY thread coming Quark?

Not yet.  I got bawled out by (I think) Calgon for starting it too early last year. I'm keeping my powder dry ;)

Plus I don't have enough of a strong opinion on any this year to start a campaign.

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Quite surprised there's no Sigrid or Shura in your list tbh :)

Sharon Van Etten, Better Oblivion Community Centre, Hot Chip, The Twilight Sad aren't on there either, that's how you know the year's been mad stacked.

Oh! And muthafuckin Bleached, and Big Thief, and Miley, and Bon Over, and Little Simz!

And Ibibio Sound Machine!!!

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

10 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Sharon Van Etten, Better Oblivion Community Centre, Hot Chip, The Twilight Sad aren't on there either, that's how you know the year's been mad stacked.

Oh! And muthafuckin Bleached, and Big Thief, and Miley, and Bon Over, and Little Simz!

And Ibibio Sound Machine!!!

Girli, IDER, Friendly Fires, Sacred Paws, Soak, Tool, Lizzo, Ride...

Yeah been a pretty good year :D

Edited by Quark