2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

2 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

That's a pretty interesting song. Hell of a lot going on, feels like it could be 3 or 4 songs. Not really listened to Squid before, but might start now. Like that.

Check out Houseplants. The energy they give off when playing it live is phenomenal. Only band I've ever seen before midday at Glastonbury and came back pumped up! Very exciting band IMO

6 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

That's a pretty interesting song. Hell of a lot going on, feels like it could be 3 or 4 songs. Not really listened to Squid before, but might start now. Like that.

this popped up on my release radar playlist this morning, I had to check that it was the same song playing - not because of boredom but  because it sounds like at least two or three  songs in one, will have to look into them further 

2 hours ago, uscore said:

I think that's from 2 years ago.  I loved it, and the song "K" at the time.  The album is a bit samey though.

It may well be! I only stumbled into it while deciding whether to buy a very cheap Mazzy Star cd.

Yep, with that genre of music I always listen to the first song and think I'm going to really enjoy the album, but always end up getting a bit board by the midway point. 

As if August didn't fucking rock(well) enough already, Lana Del Rey has confirmed her new album will be joining the already stellar album release schedule. Top 5 of the year could come out of this very month. Roll up on friday for your First Taste of the month. (Yeah I know Ty's got leaked months ago, that's not part of the fun though)

2 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Such a lovely, chill, Lou Reed vibe going on here. I love it.

Thanks for RUINING it now! Now it just sounds like a rip off off 'Walk on the Wild Side' ?

Edited by Mr.Tease

27 minutes ago, Odessa said:

HAIM haven't tried to hide the Lou Reed inspiration, in case anyone missed this.

The line she said she sung to her boyfriend made me think of Summer Babe- didn't realise Pavement had played at glastonbury in 1999

I went to a Pavement gig in london when they reformed, got there early having waited for the event for years,, staked out my place right near the front, only to be suddenly struck by vomiting and the trots minutes before they took to the stage- had to rush to the bathroom, and camp out at the edge of the the crowd for the rest of the performance, so I could keep rushing to the bathroom, while in a state of deliriousness. Terrible timing!

Edited by Mr.Tease