2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

21 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

did you not see them at End Of The Road? Seen them maybe half a dozen times now, looking forward to The Great Escape next weekend. Definitely one of the best live bands I've ever seen

No, I must have missed them there as well?. I must try harder. Hopefully they'll appear at the farm - they don't seem to have anything else on that weekend.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I can't remember if I posted this already, but Ibibio Sound Machine's new one is their best yet, and one of 2019's highlights so far.

Preach Lawn. Been thoroughly enjoying that one, they've pushed themselves up my to see list 

It's not Hounds Of Love, Beginning Of The Twist or Decent Days And Nights (this is a ridiculously high bar anyway tbh), but new Futureheads has gotta be worth a listen for anyone who was ever into them. I'm still excited to see them for the first time when they do a proper tour.

Enjoying Summer Of Sorcery by Little Steven & The Disciples Of Soul. Good old fun. Made to be played live.

Also just seen that The Stones Roses debut and Disintegration by The Cure were released on the same day, today 30 years ago. Well, yesterday really, Friday 2nd May 1989. 

Edited by The Nal

8 hours ago, Odessa said:

It's not Hounds Of Love, Beginning Of The Twist or Decent Days And Nights (this is a ridiculously high bar anyway tbh), but new Futureheads has gotta be worth a listen for anyone who was ever into them. I'm still excited to see them for the first time when they do a proper tour.

I used to really like them, was quite pleased to see they're back but this track doesn't do much for me to be honest.

Thoroughly enjoyed Vampire Weekends latest, it's long and there's no stand out bangers like Diane Young but there's no song I wanted to turn over. It's almost brought the sun out as well (here at least).

Got Tacocat's on at the moment, it's enjoyable enough. Maybe a little soft for my taste.

I'll wack Bad Religion's on in a bit for old times sake and I'll give Frank's a go, not massively hyped for either though.

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

Thoroughly enjoyed Vampire Weekends latest, it's long and there's no stand out bangers like Diane Young but there's no song I wanted to turn over. It's almost brought the sun out as well (here at least).

Got Tacocat's on at the moment, it's enjoyable enough. Maybe a little soft for my taste.

I'll wack Bad Religion's on in a bit for old times sake and I'll give Frank's a go, not massively hyped for either though.

Yeah, enjoying Father of The Bride. I'd argue that Sympathy really stood out on first listen, and We Belong Together. Strong 2nd half.

I still wish 2021 was proper, full length song.

Next, on to Big Thief, then Editors...

2 minutes ago, Hawros said:

Yeah, enjoying Father of The Bride. I'd argue that Sympathy really stood out on first listen, and We Belong Together. Strong 2nd half.

Sympathy was one of the songs I checked what I was listening to to make a note of it. I really like Unbearably White as well, it was my favorite single going into it. It's gonna get a lot of plays over summer getting about.

Can't wait to find out where they're playing so I can start getting hyped by the set, there's nothing really on the line-up that will get me to miss them, especially as I'm not gonna go to their Manchester date.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Similar feelings here. Haven't completely finished my first listen, but I enjoy it more than anticipated. It's sort of sunny here but cold, and this gives me a summer-y feeling. But like always with VW, want something heavier after a while.

Next for me is the new Pile. And somewhere try to fit in Big Thief today. 

43 minutes ago, priest17 said:

39 minutes ago, Hawros said:

30 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Similar feelings here. Haven't completely finished my first listen, but I enjoy it more than anticipated. It's sort of sunny here but cold, and this gives me a summer-y feeling. But like always with VW, want something heavier after a while.

Next for me is the new Pile. And somewhere try to fit in Big Thief today. 

I'm really enjoying this. I loved their first album and went off the boil with them a bit with the previous couple but this for me is their best work. I hope to see them on the farm on a nice sunny afternoon. 

12 hours ago, Odessa said:

Saw them on a warm up gig in Sunderland 2 weeks ago and was great fun

Going to give the vampire weekend album a listen now 

56 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

New Slowthai track and video are fantastic, looking forward to the album. Managed to snag tickets to his 99p tour next week too.

Like this, looking forward to his new album. Enjoy next week, he's meant to be quality live.

12 minutes ago, priest17 said:

ya bois IDLES are back after being gone for so, so long. It's pretty good, I can't imagine they'll have a new album any time soon though so they're probably getting this out before they attack all the festivals coming up.

Very "Idles"