2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

7 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Been a pretty decent day of music. Otoboke Beaver has, predictably, won the day for me though 

Yeah exactly the sort of batshit mad punk I like. Playing around the place this week. No Irish date of course. 

https://www.songkick.com/artists/8667549-otoboke-beaver/calendar

Edited by The Nal

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Yeah exactly the sort of batshit mad punk I like. Playing around the place this week. No Irish date of course. 

Same, reckon I've got the phonetics of most the first album worked out this point, no idea what I'm singing though.

Yeah got my Manchester tickets a couple of months ago, the other bands look equally mad as well.. Their SXSW set got shut down apparently. 

5 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Same, reckon I've got the phonetics of most the first album worked out this point, no idea what I'm singing though.

Yeah got my Manchester tickets a couple of months ago, the other bands look equally mad as well.. Their SXSW set got shut down apparently. 

If Arctic Monkeys were still good

12 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Gonna be front and centre for this lot at the Common

Yeah they stood out when adding the Common acts to the playlist. Not too many ‘Punk Grime’ acts around! They get good reviews live & won a Kerrang! Radio competition to play at Download too. Rum Shack, presumably.

18 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yeah they stood out when adding the Common acts to the playlist. Not too many ‘Punk Grime’ acts around! They get good reviews live & won a Kerrang! Radio competition to play at Download too. Rum Shack, presumably.

I'm off to see them support Foreign Beggars in a few weeks time, hope to gauge how good they are then but if what I've seen and heard so far is anything to go by, they're a bit of me that's for sure 

On 4/26/2019 at 2:02 PM, The Nal said:

Without a doubt one of the greatest gigs I've witnessed, if any of you get the chance to go then you definitely should. 

8 hours ago, Quark said:

Finally got round to the new Foxygen album this morning.  Going to be a few more listens, but really enjoyed it. Some serious 70s vibes going on.

Did you like the last album? I thought it was a big drop from ...Hang - so am treading carefully... 

6 minutes ago, Titters said:

Did you like the last album? I thought it was a big drop from ...Hang - so am treading carefully... 

I preferred this one to Hang if anything. For some reason that didn't grab me, but may go back and re-visit

I'm absolutely loving the new Lizzo album, which is not at all the type of music that I normally listen to. Only track that doesn't really do anything for me is the one with Missy Elliot.

Just listening to the new Cage the Elephant album for first time. All the songs are good, but it doesn't really excite me. Doesn't feel like anything new, though it is a good rock album.

16 hours ago, Quark said:

Mammoth Penguins have a new album out, missed this on Friday.  Never heard them before, but loving the album opener.

Saw these recently, cant say I was a massive fan of their live show but will listen to this!