2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

9 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

? for Idlewild 

? for Circa Waves 

Haven't got to Idlewild yet. Been distracted by Holy Moly :D

Had to stop CW when I got to the office as people insisted on talking to me. Felt no urge to restart it. Think I'll just go back to first album and abandon hope of them capturing that again :(

Pretty good day so far - quite enjoying the new MARINA album, short and sharp but Part 1 of 2 so I can forgive on that. Hungry Child is an absolute corker from Hot Chip, absolutely love it, Light Years by The National is lovely as always and new singles from Frank Carter, Tash Sultana and Andy PAAK all a good listen.

Vampire Weekend have never really done much for me, so I'm in two minds as to whether the new ones are worth a go, but my mind is up for changing.

Loved the Priests album, really good punk/postpunk album. Would be great early on The Park.

Listened to GRiZ's album which is the total opposite. Big, Dumb, but fairly enjoyable. I don;t really listen to the dance music, it caught me in a good mood though.

Last week's White Denim album still sounds great, been getting a lot of plays this week. Really hyped for Fontaines DC next week and Wand the week after, think I'll look back on April as a good months for guitar music.

17 hours ago, Quark said:

Haven't got to Idlewild yet. Been distracted by Holy Moly :D

Had to stop CW when I got to the office as people insisted on talking to me. Felt no urge to restart it. Think I'll just go back to first album and abandon hope of them capturing that again :(

Yup, I'm in the same boat. Absolutely loved Young Chasers when it came out, it really was a proper 'sound of the summer' record. Last album was bang average (although I did think Fire That Burns was a great single), but this one just felt completely devoid of the fun of the first album. Real shame. 

@priest17 really digging that album by your name sakes. Haven't listened to them before but enjoyed it enough that I'll take a peek into their back catalogue 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Not sure if it'll be there but what I heard was the bar has been sold and another festival has actually bought it.

Will be a real shame if it’s not there, it’s a lovely structure and great part of that area. But I guess times change, and they could come up with something even better.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Has anyone ever managed to get a table upstairs?

Brexit referendum day.

Our group saw one occupied by just one old couple and asked if they minded us sitting with them, they said no and seemed pretty glad of the company. Turned out yer man was a London city banker (or so he said) and we stayed there with them all afternoon, he was kind of an arsehole but he insisted on getting about 10 rounds in for us so we weren't turning that down, also his Mrs was a pretty decent laugh although she'd clearly lost her marbles. I walked back to the tent afterwards with no shoes on and sliced the sole of my foot on a sharp rock.

Now that I look back on it I see that the afternoon was a merry period facilitated by suckling on the rotten teet of Thatcherism, which while fun while it lasted for those who benefited, had inevitable and painful consequences which should have been foreseen.