2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

39 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Vampire Weekend letting the side down. Not a massive fan of the singles released so far, hoping for better on the album.

After not being too fussed on the previous two songs they released I think these two are a big improvement. This Life is joyous and has gotten me right back hyped up for the album.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

I'll check out the back catalogue a bit. Got a playlist I'm building up purely of bands I need to investigate a bit further :)

I had Sinkane down as someone i wanted to see when he played in '15, but somehow was somewhere else and didn't make it. Mean Love his album at that time is highly recommended.

I think he also has/had something to do with Caribou as well

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Been really enjoying both the new Weyes Blood and Pup albums this morning. Can see both getting a lot of spins. Anything else of note I should be checking out?

New Idlewild and new Circa Waves out this morning, will be checking them out. Haven't heard any CW for a while so I've got fingers crossed they've returned a bit to the sound from their first album, last one was a bit turgid.

Will check Weyes Blood and Pup later

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Been really enjoying both the new Weyes Blood and Pup albums this morning. Can see both getting a lot of spins. Anything else of note I should be checking out?

I haven't had a chance to go through it yet but Priests* dropped a new album today, should be good judging from the first album and the single I heard.

*no relation to me.

16 hours ago, tjamest said:

I had Sinkane down as someone i wanted to see when he played in '15, but somehow was somewhere else and didn't make it. Mean Love his album at that time is highly recommended.

I was the opposite. Didn't know anything about SInkane and ended up seeing them in 15 after randomly walking past and thinking that sounds good. Was a really fun atmosphere at it (sorry to rub it in)

2 minutes ago, Hawros said:

I've got something a bit different spinning this morning - El Chan, by Katia and Maria Labeque and Bryce Dessner of The National.

I've always wanted to like classical music more, and this is fantastic.

Have you tried Olafur Arnalds? Classical compositions with beats.  re:member was one of my albums of 2018

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, tjamest said:

In the interest of balance, I sat down while watching them at West Holts and promptly fell asleep. Dull as dishwater.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I have a new tune out today if anybody is interested in some breakbeat electronica.

Feedback appreciated 

just so you know, your first post didn't display because of the short format links you'd used, which are often used for dodgy/spamming purposes (so there's a block on them).

There shouldn't really ever be a reason why short format links are needed.

51 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I have a new tune out today if anybody is interested in some breakbeat electronica.

Feedback appreciated 

Aye, like that. More for when I'm up and moving than listening at my desk, but yeah. Good work that man

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

just so you know, your first post didn't display because of the short format links you'd used, which are often used for dodgy/spamming purposes (so there's a block on them).

There shouldn't really ever be a reason why short format links are needed.

Yeah I realised that's why I reposted and deleted the other one. Sorry, I've just been copy and pasting those short links around all my social media this morning.

4 hours ago, Quark said:

New Idlewild and new Circa Waves out this morning, will be checking them out. Haven't heard any CW for a while so I've got fingers crossed they've returned a bit to the sound from their first album, last one was a bit turgid.

Will check Weyes Blood and Pup later

? for Idlewild 

? for Circa Waves