2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Billie Eilish album is decent, enjoyed it much more than the Sigrid record. 

Anything else out today worth checking out? 

Not heard it yet, but the new C Duncan record is out which is probably worth checking out. Last two records have been good.

32 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Anything else out today worth checking out? 

Show Me The Body have a great new album out today. It's a tad noisier than Billie's.

I haven't got round to them yet but White Denim have a new one out (Can't see it being bad though) and Ty Segall has a live album out which should be amazing judging from the version of Love Fuzz he released from it.

1 hour ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Had the opportunity to go to the BBC Introducing 6 Music event last night in Liverpool.

4 great acts but two absolute stand outs

Queen Zee and Red Rum Club  both new to me and both outstanding.

Hoping both make it to the farm this year.

Snapped Ankles playing on Sunday. Looks like a great day. 

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Show Me The Body have a great new album out today. It's a tad noisier than Billie's.

I remember my first experience with them very well. They were on late during a festival in a small-ish tent and I wandered in because the headliner that was on wasn't for me. Didn't know the guys at all. Left during the third song (which was probably almost half way their set at the time) thinking WTF am I looking at? Really wasn't for me and my bud. Lights from behind, so could hardly make out who was on stage, and it was so damn loud I couldn't understand a word he was saying/singing. Too aggressive, wasn't prepared. 

Maybe they sound differently on record, but hadn't made that connection.

1 minute ago, StupidDream said:

I remember my first experience with them very well. They were on late during a festival in a small-ish tent and I wandered in because the headliner that was on wasn't for me. Didn't know the guys at all. Left during the third song (which was probably almost half way their set at the time) thinking WTF am I looking at? Really wasn't for me and my bud. Lights from behind, so could hardly make out who was on stage, and it was so damn loud I couldn't understand a word he was saying/singing. Too aggressive, wasn't prepared. 

Maybe they sound differently on record, but hadn't made that connection.

They're not as noisey as they once were. I saw them at Soup Kitchen a few years ago with a mate not really into that sort of thing and he was a bit confused by the whole thing, they only played for an incredibly intense 20 minutes anyway. I can see where you're coming from though. The front man plays with a insanely distorted banjo instead of a guitar, I can respect that level of whats-the-pointery.

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

They're not as noisey as they once were. I saw them at Soup Kitchen a few years ago with a mate not really into that sort of thing and he was a bit confused by the whole thing, they only played for an incredibly intense 20 minutes anyway. I can see where you're coming from though. The front man plays with a insanely distorted banjo instead of a guitar, I can respect that level of whats-the-pointery.

They certainly made an impression :lol: Yes, that 'instrument'! Might give them another go on a streaming service or a festival if they happen to be there. With more festivals and gigs under my belt I'm a changed man.

As some one said on here earlier, loving the new Flume mixtape, 2 good tunes on their with SOPHIE who i know is fan favorite on here.

Listened once through to the Billie Eilish, thought it was decent enough, will give it a few more spins. Will have to be catching her set this year, barring an awful clash.

8 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Completely different tho, aren't they...

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Billie Eilish been listening to Lorde

Lorde's debut is better than Billie's but damn, the bangers bang.

10 hours ago, jyoung said:

Completely different tho, aren't they...

They're both young, female pop artists who've dropped highly anticipated albums within a few weeks of each other so I think 'completely different' is a stretch. 

Its not like I'm comparing the Moody Blues to Beyoncé 

• Like 1