2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

19 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

Aye, made sure I was there nice and early for a spot front centre! Let's Eat Grandma were were excellent, as were Chvrches. They surprisingly played Tether, which is my fav song, so think it was meant to be!

Get them both in JP, Chvrches headlining, and I'll be very happy.

Aghhhh they played tether?! So annoyed haha!

Had a hectic weekend so only started listening to the new releases this morning on my bus to work. It looks like its going to be Tourist and The Cat Empire on repeat all day. Quite like doing it like this, I never want to talk to anyone at work on Mondays at the best of times - some good new music is a big bonus. 

37 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

apparently The Cure are in Brighton at the moment semi-secretly recording their new album

Wow. I fully believed he'd never do another one. Considering it'll almost certainly be the last thing The Cure put out, it'd be amazing if they came out of nowhere with a stone cold classic.

On 2/16/2019 at 9:54 AM, FloorFiller said:

Not sure on how big he is really but think he'd be awesome in the pre-headliner electronic slot a-la Jamie xx, Four Tet and Joe Goddard in the past. Great blissing out music.

I will forever call it the Jamie XX slot - and yeah I think he'd fit that pretty well.  Although saw him a few years back in the tent at Bestival - in a random afternoon/early evening slot, that was more than blissing out music - packed a proper punch, place was pounding. New album is more chilled though it seems - sounding very Bonobo to me currently. 

7 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Didn't think it would be my thing but saw Craig Finn supporting Brian Fallon in Milan on Sunday. Really enjoyed his tunes, his new song Blankets was a banger. Well worth a listen if you're a fan of that sort of Brian Fallon/Frank Turner style of songwriting. 

Yeah man. Craig is awesome. It's definitely time he was back on the farm, preferably with The Hold Steady. 

On 2/15/2019 at 4:28 AM, dentalplan said:

Canadian’s what? Broken Social Scene have a new EP. They are Canadian is.

Methyl Ethel new album and also Czarface Meets Ghostface. Think I’ll give Piroshka a go too - some sort of Lush spin-off. And the new Julia Jacklin album is streaming on some website somewhere pre-release, but I dunno if you’d be interested there.

Did someone say Canadian?

Said the whale released Cascadia this week. 

I personally love it but also realize that Canadian indie-rock hits a strange note that doesnt necessarily resonate with the rest of the world. 

Nearly two months in and Sharon van Etten still unthreatened on top of my list, very likely top make top 10 at the end of the year. Also liking a bit of late-night Jessica Pratt and RY X while heading to bed. Come spring hopefully some tunes that fit the season (although I'm not really into happy music...). 

12 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Michael Rother (Neu) has a compilation boxset out called Solo. Seems to be based off his first few solo albums unsurprisingly. 

Great music if you're into hunting down replicants. 

The whole of Flammende Herzen used to be on Spotify but last I checked it had been taken off. Wondering if that was to encourage all the Krautrockers to dig deep in their pockets for this boxset. 

Edited by Winslow Leach