2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

4 hours ago, PDAD said:

Beck is a weird one for me. Got some great material early on but nothing he has done since Guero has bothered me at all and when I have seen him live he has been average at best. But then he does stuff like this which is possibly the best thing I've ever seen.

This is one of my favourite "covers" ever

49 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

I’m confused by this, I’ve had it on Apple Music for a couple of weeks now, is it just the physical version that was delayed? 

Good question!! Word on their twitter account was that it was delayed, and was only released on Deezer yesterday. But someone ( @CaledonianGonzo?) mentioned giving it a spin a couple of weeks ago too.

Either way it's good, although like Jungle's release last year I feel a bit like they should have released it for the summer.  Got a lovely summery vibe.

On 11/23/2019 at 10:50 AM, Quark said:

New Girl Ray album finally dropped yesterday after a few weeks' delay. Be giving that a spin this weekend

First 3 tracks are great but the rest of the album is pretty forgettable imo. It all just kinda blurs into one with no other song really capturing my attention (other than the very out of place rap feature). Some of them are quite close to being decent (Friend Like That + Keep It Tight) but just miss the mark

17 hours ago, SoundsofSmith said:

They are a bit obscure but Still Corners are back with their dreamy groovy melodies. Would love to seem pop up and do a little set somewhere on site. Enjoy x

Black Lagoon is an old song (well, 2018), this is just a live recording of it. It's a good song though.  The other track they've released on this live release is a cover version.

Apparently a new deluxe edition of Prince's 1999 coming out this Friday. 6 disc box set, don't know if it'll be on streaming sites as well. Loads of unreleased tracks, demos, live versions and early drafts.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-album-reviews/princes-1999-super-deluxe-edition-review-915651/

Edited by Quark