2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

6 hours ago, thrillhouse188 said:

New Neon Indian track is an interesting turn, almost certainly won't but would love to see him pop up on the farm

It's a heap of fun. I am getting the feeling it's a one-off because of the subject matter and the timing but we need a new record from our man. Four years since the last album. Jesus wept!

Here's a don who isn't waiting around: Massively looking forward to seeing where Davey goes next.

• Upvote 1

On 11/8/2019 at 12:16 PM, kingcrawler said:

I haven't listened to it yet but Have A Nice Life have a new album out today and I'm sure you liked the single when I posted it a few months ago. 

Finally got to listen to it this morning, great shout. Really enjoyed, cheers for the reminder

That DJ Shadow album that came out today is good. Feels like 2 different albums really but there's some great stuff on both discs. Some one get whoever it was that said RTJ has dropped off a link to Kings And Queens.

I finally got to the Ocean Wisdom album and I liked it but it was well too long. I finally started getting my head round 25 minute rap albums and he drops an hour and a half one. Didn't really need the last 8 songs for me really, was kind of willing for it to finish. Some great stuff throughout though, great flow.

Not strictly new but Beverly Glenn-Copeland's album Primal Prayer was reissued in July 2019. Never even heard of her until she was on 6 Music the other day. Looked up this album and it has blown me away.

Not quite sure how to categorise it but it starts with this

and ends with this :

Edited by Copperface

On 11/14/2019 at 7:06 PM, dentalplan said:

It's a heap of fun. I am getting the feeling it's a one-off because of the subject matter and the timing but we need a new record from our man. Four years since the last album. Jesus wept!

It’s grown on me with more listens, need to check the video out. I’m torn, the message etc would make sense as a stand alone but I see on reddit something about him wanting to go in a new direction for the next album, as he was happy with what he did with the VEGA aesthetic, maybe this the new direction?

On 11/14/2019 at 9:39 AM, priest17 said:

Thought more would have been said about this. I quite like it, not much of a jump forward or anything but it sounds good.

Only just got around to listening to this. Yeah, like it. Not earth shattering, but another decent track.

Album number 2 is pretty high on my most anticipated list. 

On 11/15/2019 at 3:51 PM, priest17 said:

That DJ Shadow album that came out today is good. Feels like 2 different albums really but there's some great stuff on both discs. Some one get whoever it was that said RTJ has dropped off a link to Kings And Queens.

God its such a bloated mess imo. First half is some really forgettable ambient-ish electronica (especially compared to other recent releases like Max Cooper, Ark Patrol, Ross From Friends etc.) and the second half is really hit or miss. The production in general is pretty nondescript (considering that's DJ Shadows contribution its especially meh), sure RTJ, Pusha, De La Soul etc. killed it, but Shadow did not. EDIT: Also shout out to Urgent, Important, Please Read which is the most boomer song I have heard in a while (though is one of the few tracks I think the production is actually alright on)

In other news, the Madeon album is pretty good. Personally I didn't enjoy it as much as his first but I think its probably the better album (definitely felt tighter and more cohesive)

Any other good albums this week? Felt like there were a bunch of singles but not really any full projects this week

Edited by Mattymooz

21 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

God its such a bloated mess imo. First half is some really forgettable ambient-ish electronica (especially compared to other recent releases like Max Cooper, Ark Patrol, Ross From Friends etc.) and the second half is really hit or miss. The production in general is pretty nondescript (considering that's DJ Shadows contribution its especially meh), sure RTJ, Pusha, De La Soul etc. killed it, but Shadow did not. EDIT: Also shout out to Urgent, Important, Please Read which is the most boomer song I have heard in a while (though is one of the few tracks I think the production is actually alright on)

In other news, the Madeon album is pretty good. Personally I didn't enjoy it as much as his first but I think its probably the better album (definitely felt tighter and more cohesive)

Any other good albums this week? Felt like there were a bunch of singles but not really any full projects this week

Dyou ever have a mild opinion of an album and get penny dropped by someone else's opinion ahah. There's a lot I enjoyed on that album but can't really argue with any of your critisism.

Not a great week for new stuff but man I feel like I need to reiterate how good Iguana Death Cult's album is from a couple of weeks ago. Cannae stop spinning that.

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Confidence Man have a new single out, it’s a bit more subdued than their first album but still pretty good.

I was also reading this article that says The Edge will be playing on their new album. Looking forward to Confidence Man playing to stadiums all over the world supporting U2. 

Didn't think I'd like this after reading this, but I think it's bloody smashing